Information needed.

Roger

Reaction score
I have small dog (daschund) who is now shaking, panting, not being herself to the last 2 or 3 days. I felt her head and it's kind of warm. She used to be playful but since she have been having those symptoms, she is not being herself. Is it because the weather is cold? We live in Oklahoma and the temperature is cold and we have been keeping her inside alot. Also, she is not drinking water much as she should be.

How old is the dog? She may be sick.. have her get checked by a professional Vet

I think time is of the essence here and trying to get a diagnosis from us might be fatal. Get thee to a vet pronto!

did the dog take any medication? if so, it might be the side effects of it.

Best to take the dog to a vet.....

Yes, take the dog the to vet, especially if it's not drinking water. Dehydration can kill quickly.

At the very least, call the vet.

if it won't drink water, give some cooked white rice at a time as it's something that helps with dehydration as it's natural. DOn't wait too long before getting it checked out.

Don't you have a Animal Vet Emergency Hotline in your area?? I use it all the time when there's something wrong with my dog after hours. I treat my dog like if it's my own child.

Thank you for your replies, she's almost 3 years old, and eating and drinking much better. I will take her the to vet pronto first thing in the morning because there's nothing open in this small town. She have been sleeping quite a bit and she's awake now. I am going to call the vet first thing in the morning!

Back