Indiana station pumps $0.29 gas

Gt-racing

Reaction score
"HAMMOND, Ind. — When a pump at a gas station malfunctioned, opportunistic motorists were able to buy gas for 29 cents per gallon.

A Marathon station sold a gallon of fuel for less than the price of a first-class stamp for about 90 minutes Friday before the mistake was detected and the price corrected to $2.79.
While still answering questions from customers about why the price had suddenly gone up, clerk Nida Tayyab said more than 50 people had crowded the store, likely thinking the mishap was a price promotion, and received the bargain. Normally, the station serves about 10 people per hour.

“I was really confused,” she said. “It was so messed up. I can’t explain here how it was.”

When Tayyab figured out what was going on, she called her father, who works at another store, for help fixing the situation.

“It’s fine now. It’s all working,” Tayyab added."

the link

damn lucky bastards...

happen in Illinois (dont remmy name of town) did hit $0.02. People start manic and going refill gas but manager closed in short time due computer glitch.

i remmy it happen in my town where people can fool the gas machine by putting money (cash) in then cancel it.. then redo it but the computer thought money's in.. and people start filling for free..

then programers changed it... but now that gas station is down.. heh

that's fucking lucky, people can cheat on gas prices via credit card.

Fuck me .29 for a gallon of gas, I'd run to Hammond for that!

Looks like I gotta pray for a miracle if a pump at the Pilot's should ever show a price like that, I'm gonna take an opportunity like that in a heartbeat!

Why can't it happen to me. or to any of us. At this rate of gas prices going up, it's a miracle we can still afford it...*rolling my eyes*

cheap gas there. I remember paying $1.02 per gallon in 2001 here in Seattle area. It only cost me $12 max to fill it up, now it's like $32! :shock:

sequoias said:
cheap gas there. I remember paying $1.02 per gallon in 2001 here in Seattle area. It only cost me $12 max to fill it up, now it's like $32! :shock:

Yeah, somebody who works for a gasoline company told me that gas prices really did not need to be raised. You see, The Arabs raised the prices then the British companies that own gas and oil refineries had to raise their prices too as well as all over the world. Thanks alots to Bill Clinton, we can't drill in Alaska for some more gas or oil to become self sufficent and independent of foriegn souces. The USA is already thinking of holding talks with Mexico for gas and oil since the Arabs are being too greedy and the British after 200+ years of history with America at one time or another has been our enemy or our friend. Right now the British are acting like the enemy towards America on the issue of gas and oil. The Brits did not need to raise the gas and oil prices. They could have been having a whole alots better business than the Arabs would and that would force the Arabs to lower the gas prices. The another place where oil might be sold of all places is a real surprise:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/09/20/eveningnews/main870694.shtml

Another source with more in depth explaination:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7404743?GT1=6428

the brits don't want to lower the gas price because they want us to experience the insane high gas cost in europe hehe. :P

Back