Indiana Man Buys Truck With $25,000 In Change

Yea I hate using the change so I put it in the piggy bank as I do collect piggy bank. :D

Hmm, I should do that by throwing some changes into a large jar. I need to have some things replaced. LOL

Wow, cool I usually collect loose changes from wrecked cars which were sold by insurance agencies who bought out as total loss from the owners who wrecked em They usually filled a five gallon bucket pretty fast I had one that almost full it took me about 10 months filled it up...I usually picked wrecked cars up for the insurance agencies to the salvage lots to auctioned off to body shops or salvage companies

sorry double post.. dont you hate that?? grrr.. haha... Pfft..

Wow that's awesome! I should do that. :lol: I'm joking, really. I don't want to haul hundred pounds of coins to buy something.

I watched that on T.V. about the old man who want to buy a new truck and he had been saving the coins for a long time. That take a long time like about twenty years or so to buy the truck that he want to buy for himself. I am surprise that he learn that from his parents. It is okay to save coins in the money jar like coffee cans for grocery or to buy a dress or something special that you want to buy like a bike. But for the truck that takes guts to save all that coins over the years to just buy the truck. That is amazing. He should have open a saving account which is better than saving all that coins at home. Anybody could have steal all that coins from him, if he is not careful. :shock: and :dunno2:

Hmm... quarters and dollar coins.

That's 25,000 dollar coins to 100,000 quarters.

At 5.67 g per quarter and 8.1 g per dollar coin, that's

202,500 g to 567,000 g... or 446 lbs to 1,250 lbs! Yikes!

What if he paid in pennies!? That would be 2,500,000 pennies at almost almost 7 tons!

I watched that on T.V. about the old man who want to buy a new truck and he had been saving the coins for a long time. That take a long time like about twenty years or so to buy the truck that he want to buy for himself. I am surprise that he learn that from his parents. It is okay to save coins in the money jar like coffee cans for grocery or to buy a dress or something special that you want to buy like a bike. But for the truck that takes guts to save all that coins over the years to just buy the truck. That is amazing. He should have open a saving account which is better than saving all that coins at home. Anybody could have steal all that coins from him, if he is not careful. :shock: and :dunno2:

Don't forget about collecting interests too. He could have made money off of his money. :giggle:

I agreed with you about the saving account for the interest. I would love to see a thief attempt to steal all those coins. He probably would end up with a hernia and would go broke paying for the hospital.

He saved for about 13 years, not bad.

:jaw: Amazing it took this man 13 years to save up change to buy a new truck :thumb:

If you want to know how much to put in a jar daily, put $5.26 to $5.27 in the jar everyday (Sunday to Saturday). If you want only Monday thru Friday, put in $7.36 to $7.37 a day in the jar.....

Or put $160.26 per month in the jar.....

Or put $1,923.08 a year for 13 years.

Good for that man! Must have been heavy to bring all those coins.

My hubby and I do that. We immediately put any change we get each day in our huge bottle. Once it is full, we cash it. We have filled it once in 3 years and we had over $1,500 in it. Took us a little over a year. Now, our bottle is almost full so almost time for us to cash it. When we cash it, we put most of the money in our kids's saving accounts and use a part of it for something fun.

When we moved from our previous townhouse to our house, we forgot it. It was half full at the time. I had to beg the leasing office to let me in one more time to get it. I was so nervous that it would be gone but it was still there. Whew!!!!

Yea, if someone broke into our house, it definitely would be stolen but it is fun watching it fill up with all these coins. :)

Back