Inaccurate info on Amazon- not subtitled!

wilykat

Reaction score
I got a Robotech Complete DVD collection (20 DVD set [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ERH1718/ref=[/ame]) that was just released a month ago. According to Amazon, it has English and Spanish subtitle but when I tried playing it, there is no subtitle anywhere. Not in DVD menu, not with remote controller sub button, and not listed when I tried my laptop.
:mad: I also checked, no closed captioning in the DVD either

I was looking forward to watching this but it's useless to me if I can't use subtitle. :rl: So what idiot put false or misleading subtitle information on Amazon page?

Just mad that my time was wasted

I got a Robotech Complete DVD collection (20 DVD set Amazon.com: Robotech: The Complete Set: Mark Hamill, Cam Clarke, Tony Oliver, Carl Macek, Gregory Snegoff: Movies & TV) that was just released a month ago. According to Amazon, it has English and Spanish subtitle but when I tried playing it, there is no subtitle anywhere. Not in DVD menu, not with remote controller sub button, and not listed when I tried my laptop.
:mad: I also checked, no closed captioning in the DVD either

I was looking forward to watching this but it's useless to me if I can't use subtitle. :rl: So what idiot put false or misleading subtitle information on Amazon page?

Just mad that my time was wasted

Not all is lost; you have the ability to sue them. If they put misleading stuff on their products, and sell it to a Deaf/HoH, and they find there isn't any, then that's probable cause for a lawsuit. It's the law.

Have you tried to resolve the issue with the seller? What was the response?

Just send it back to Amazon for a refund. They will pay for the return shipping.

I had similar thing happen in Redbox, all I can do is call to request a refund or credit for not having captions/subtiles to work.

It's common for some collection DVD and some foreign movies are not subtitled. If I get those and doesn't work, all I can do is contact Amazon for a refund and they will send a e-mail to have a return label that you can print out and send back for a complete refund.

I know it is headache when the DVD is not showing caption/subtiles, hopefully in the near future all of them regardless will have those for the Deaf and HOH. :)

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone)

Calvin said:
I had similar thing happen in Redbox, all I can do is call to request a refund or credit for not having captions/subtiles to work.

It's common for some collection DVD and some foreign movies are not subtitled. If I get those and doesn't work, all I can do is contact Amazon for a refund and they will send a e-mail to have a return label that you can print out and send back for a complete refund.

I know it is headache when the DVD is not showing caption/subtiles, hopefully in the near future all of them regardless will have those for the Deaf and HOH. :)

They're supposed to already. The government mandated that everything that the Deaf/HoH uses (including the Internet) must be subtitled. This went into effect last year, and some of the companies are lagging behind (maybe because they don't wanna pay for the cost of installing subtitles?), when they should already be up to date.

Everything? That might explain why suddenly it's hard to find older movies and shows now. If this is true and I do find a new DVD or BD release that is missing subtitle or CC, who can I report to?

Everything? That might explain why suddenly it's hard to find older movies and shows now. If this is true and I do find a new DVD or BD release that is missing subtitle or CC, who can I report to?

You can file a complaint with the FCC. Here's a link:

FCC Announces New Closed Captioned Complaint Rules | National Association of the Deaf

Hope that helps. Yes, everything must be captioned. It's federal law. It went into effect November 2011 or 2012.

Here's the FCC mandate about Internet closed captioning:

https://www.fcc.gov/guides/captioning-internet-video-programming

Isn't one thread usually enough? Once I put start a threaded topic, I leave it at that (At least I try to), and move on. I would imagine people get tired of seeing the same topic in more than one thread?
One member posting multiple threads about the same topic are a no-no at AD.

That's what I figured. I wanted to be sure I don't make a similar mistake. Thanks for clarifying that for me. :)

The 20 set disc I am complaining of came out mid November. The older thread was months before that. It may be of same series but it's different DVD sets. The older thread was complaining of not being able to find any Robotech series with SDH. Someone posted one DVD set but it was volume 1 and I didn't go for getting all of it when I found out about the new 20-disc set which Amazon was kind to announce with English subtitle, and for less than getting the already released sets. This new thread is complaining of Robotech series that was falsely labeled as having subtitle.

Doesn't look like "multiple thread of same topic" to me.

The 20 set disc I am complaining of came out mid November. The older thread was months before that. It may be of same series but it's different DVD sets. The older thread was complaining of not being able to find any Robotech series with SDH. Someone posted one DVD set but it was volume 1 and I didn't go for getting all of it when I found out about the new 20-disc set which Amazon was kind to announce with English subtitle, and for less than getting the already released sets. This new thread is complaining of Robotech series that was falsely labeled as having subtitle.

Nope, sure doesn't to me, either. Same movie, completely different topics.

I didn't say it was or wasn't. I was explaining the AD rule to a new member.

I didn't say it was or wasn't. I was explaining the AD rule to a new member.

I can vouch for that. I wasn't sure if multiple threads about the same subject was permissible, and now that I know it's not, I'll need to watch what I post. It wasn't directed at you; I was making an inquiry.

Back