In two weeks, I am getting both hearing aids.

DefMATRIXense

Reaction score
A week ago, I went to the doctor for ENT and then went to see my new audiologist on the same day. She asked me some questions about me being deaf and then checked my both ears. After that, she took two different tests for my both ears. And then she had some kind of clay injection for my both ears. And then she simply said, "Jesus I will call to in two or three weeks for your new hearing aids." I said ok and left the office.

A few days later, I was like how come we didnt discuss what type of hearing aids am i getting? what model? do i have a right to choice what kind of hearing aids do I want as long as it fits for the tests? Am I fucked up?

The funny thing that is we never discuss if Iwanted an analog or digital hearing aids. What would Jesus do? call them back and start discuss before they already ordered it or something like that or next meeting would be discussion about that.

A week ago, I went to the doctor for ENT and then went to see my new audiologist on the same day. She asked me some questions about me being deaf and then checked my both ears. After that, she took two different tests for my both ears. And then she had some kind of clay injection for my both ears. And then she simply said, "Jesus I will call to in two or three weeks for your new hearing aids." I said ok and left the office.

A few days later, I was like how come we didnt discuss what type of hearing aids am i getting? what model? do i have a right to choice what kind of hearing aids do I want as long as it fits for the tests? Am I fucked up?

The funny thing that is we never discuss if Iwanted an analog or digital hearing aids. What would Jesus do? call them back and start discuss before they already ordered it or something like that or next meeting would be discussion about that.

did your audiologist ever sit down with you and discuss the results of your hearing tests? if not, she should have.

if she never discussed which type of hearing aids to give you (analog or digital or the type of model), perhaps they haven't been ordered yet. perhaps she was just doing earmold impressions and will discuss the results of your audiogram and the type/model of your aids at your next visit.

it is standard procedure for audiologists to discuss the results of a person's audiogram first, discuss the type/model of hearing aid(s) second and do earmold impression(s) third. in some cases, earmold impresssions may be done before discussing which hearing aid model(s) to choose.

i think you are fine because chances are likely that your aids have not been ordered yet. even if they have, you still have a 30 day free trial period to return them if you are not satisfied.

having said that, if you are unsure of something, *always* speak up immediately.

also, if you are unhappy with this audiologist, find another because it is so important for you and your audiologist to have a good relationship with each other since they are the ones who are responsible for giving you the best hearing you can possibly receive.

hope this helps!

Thanks for helping and oh yeah I called my audiologist and she said the next appointment will be discussion. :wave:

if you get digital hearing aid

be sure you are 100% happy with hearing aid
if not loud enough go back to adjust program
if 100% you are happy

then request
DAI and 3pin Y within 3.5mm
this mean, you can plug into computer doesn't battery
3.5mm is audio input same as headset pluger size is 3.5mm
plug into TV, CD Player or Computer and telephone build with neckloop.

If you get digital hearing aid
be sure read company website example
digital hearing aid made by Phonak
digital hearing aid model: Naida 5-UP
read website Phonak - life is on
click on Naida there alot information for more what work with
iCom, myPilot, FM Smartlink SX, Jabra

my old aide was Oticon then update to Phonak
I get all set with Oticon SUMO DM with DAI and 3pin Y within 3.5mm plus FM Smartlink
now my new hearing aid work with FM Smartlink SX with Phonak Naida
I love both company

Phonak Naida 5-UP with iCom
iCom is bluetooth work with cell phone or home phone bluetooth also plug into computer and work with FM smartlink sx

I buy my own removed control called myPilot to work with Naida 5-UP
all are worth it

Back