In the Beginning...

Reaction score
Hello AllDeaf! :wave:

To summarize this, I'm 22 years old and I lost my hearing as a teenager, but ironically have been a part of the Deaf community my whole life despite not having anyone in my family who is deaf. I'm chronically ill, so I'm usually stuck in bed most of the time bored out of my mind. I also live in the middle of no where so going to Deaf Socials now days can prove to be quite a challenge. My signing is getting pretty rusty because there aren't many people around here for me to sign with. I lip read and speak most of the time because it's just easier for everyone else. I am working on changing this but I keep feeling guilty when I do go voice off. Please don't lecture me, I know I should do what I feel comfortable with and I am trying.

Anyways, I'm looking for someone who would like to sign with me on Skype. I'm not asking for free tutoring. I'm asking for a friend that also happens to sign. I don't care if you're Deaf, deaf, HOH, or hearing, and I don't care what level your signing is. We can help each other if need be. Of course, if you're fluent, that would be nice, but it's definitely not a necessity.

If anyone is interested, you can either message me on here or add me on Skype. I just ask that you tell me you're from AllDeaf if you add me on Skype.

My Skype username is 'KhronicallyBreathless'.

I'm a bit shy in the beginning but once I get to know someone I warm up pretty quickly. I'm also a very sarcastic person so a sense of humor is also a bonus! :ty:

Back