In a few days....

Roadrunner

Reaction score
In a few days....it's Mother's Day--

Thought it would be nice for members to post anything they desire in relation to their mothers, albeit poems, heartfelt thoughts, dedications....and since there are quite a few Moms here also, perhaps sharing the joys of being a 'Mother' can be posted here in this thread as well.

To my mother, I am forever thankful for all the things she has done to help me become the 'man' she's happy to see and be with. Thankful for the times she took to show me how to pronounce certain words, to instill good quality values and virtues in my life for which I truly can utilize such with others...and many more wonderful things I can't get all listed here, but most importantly, showing and giving me 'love', a kind of love that I truly can feel grateful and honored to be her 'son'...simply put: I love my mother!

Whoa... thanks for the reminder. I better send my mom her card! :eek:

I'm mother myself...

I hope my children did not forget it...

Liebling:-))) said:
I'm mother myself...

I hope my children did not forget it...

Want me to 'remind' them? :D

Sooo, you're a mother and what are some of the joys of being a 'mother'?

Likewise Liebling, I hope my children don't forget either. ;) Actually I don't want anything, All I want are their hugs and kisses on mother's day. I hope I get them. :fingersx:

My Step mother and Real mother will get the same gift, a picture frame with all the children. ^Angel^'s children, My hearing sister's children, and my children all together in one photo. It's really cute. :mrgreen: We are heading over my step-mother's house on Mother's day for a lunch branch. :P

I got my mother and grandmother something, and after church, my family and my mother's family (mother, father, sisters, their beau, brother and his girlfriend, my grandma, grandpa) are going out to eat at the steakhouse for Mother's Day. I have reserved a table for them and us. And I know my husband is helping my son to get me something for Mother's Day, but I told my husband that I didn't want anything.. All I want from my son was HUGS and KISSES..

I love being a mom to my 3 handsome boys, I enjoy spending my time with them, and I do miss them when they're at their father's every other weekend even through I have them everyday, I guess you could say I can't go on a day without having them here.....They mean the world to me!, I would rather to have hugs and kisses from them on Mother's Day!... :aw:

To my step mom,

You fill our hearts and home with love.

Happy Mother’s Day!

My brother (and his wife) and I have purchased a "mother's ring" together, with his and my name on it. I haven't seen it yet (he lives elsewhere, not here in our town), but I will when they come over on Mother's Day to see Mom, Dad and I. :) His wife told me by IM that the ring is very pretty. :) We are all also going out for lunch with her on Mother's Day. :)
From myself, I got her a card, and a nice gift. :)

I already sent a new picture of us with frame and a card to my Mother today. I won't be going to see my Mother on Mother's Day because she, my Aunt and my cousin will be out of town on Mother's Day. I enjoy to being a mother to my daughter. She always give me big hug every day. That's sweet of her. :D

i ll be giving my mom a mothers day card PLUS some clues to her upcoming birthday in a month i won't be telling her til we get to the place :)

I will give my mom for Mother's Day card and I will take my mom to eat somehere for lunch or dinner on Mother's Day. :D

Roadrunner said:
Want me to 'remind' them? :D

Sooo, you're a mother and what are some of the joys of being a 'mother'?

I only want them :hug: me and wish me "Happy Mother Day", that's all what I want from them. :mrgreen:

Liebling:-))) said:
I only want them :hug: me and wish me "Happy Mother Day", that's all what I want from them. :mrgreen:

That is all I want from mine, as well...I also want them to, for the day, hide their horns underneath their halos, and I expect for the halos to be polished and shined!!!

I can dream, anyway. :lol:

I would have to say the most rewarding part of being a mother is watching my children grow, develop, learn to live and to love and trust. I applaud their achievements, comfort them and teach them to learn from their failures, watch them pursue their hopes and dreams. While my children are an extension of me (poor things!) I do strive for them to be happier in their childhood than I was in my own. Additionally, I hope to see them turn out to become exceptional adults...that is, after they've survived being teenagers. (I don't mean the typical teenage "Oh, NO, I've got a ZIT!" angst, either - I mean being strangled to death by their frustrated mother after learning that they've cut class, experimented with any form of illegal substance, or caused bodily or emotional harm to themselves or to another...you get the picture, right?) ;)

Anyway, to all of you mothers out there - Happy Mother's Day!

And...for those of you who do not have a mother - well...take the time to reflect upon all of the wonderful things your mother (or closest person to a mother figure) has done for you. Remember the love she had for you and how she has supported you throughout the many milestones and hardships and obstacles during your life.

bought a Hallmark Card for my mom from WAL-MART! Let me type what it says...

FROM YOUR SON

"Sometimes we let affection go unspoken, sometimes we let our thanks go unexpressed, sometimes we can't find words to tell our feelings, especially toward those we love the best."

(next page)

I know I don't have to wait for a special day to let you know how much I appreciate you. But sometimes I have a hard time putting my feelings into words.

(next page on other side)

What I'm trying to say is that I love you, Mom, not just on Mother's Day but always.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I'm just gonna make some coconut cake for my mom.
is that all? does that mean you wont say :ily: to ur ma? dont forget to tell her how much u :ily: her

This Sunday I will give my mom a card and gift that I bought her a por. doll (She collects it) and plan to go out to eat during lunch time.

I love her dearly because she helped me to get everything through since my dad died last January this year, I didn't realize that I REALLY love my parents so much until it hits me in my heart that I really do love them. I must tell my mom I love her every day if I get to talk with her. My mom is very SPECIAL person to me in my life. :)

nozobo said:
is that all? does that mean you wont say :ily: to ur ma? dont forget to tell her how much u :ily: her

Okay... I will tell her I love her.

I can't make a cake for her, because her friend bought
her a carrot cake...
So I bought 4 Christian books for my mom....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Back