important question about my hearing

rastaboy43

Reaction score
There is something that i wanted to walk about.... my hearing... since i can remember i have time that i couldn't hear from one ear for weeks and then the hearing comes back... many years ago i went to the doc, she said that its a warning sign that i will be catching a cold or something... i got sick that week but then i lost the hearing sometime latter.... this year i had a lot of medical issues. i started to get head pains, dizziness and one day i caught vertigo that was not fun.. i was put on antidepressants, doc asked if i was stressed which i was.... i had my first MRI nothing showed, then she referred me to the ENT. he checked me out, said that i have a deviated septum. He gave me a check list of what i felt... keep in mind i have been losing hear from my ear here and there... i checked off, loss of hearing in left hear, ringing, sharp pain, dizziness, don't remember what else i check off... now i got my second MRI w/contrast and also got my hearing tested that was kinda fun it was like a little game the hearing lady gave me... the hearing lady did find nothing unusual and said that it was strange that i have the hearing loss but when it happened again to call in for a appointment. went back to the ENT for a follow up... he told me that i might have some sort of syndrome but it was very minute to not even think about it...

all i wanted to know if anyone can relate to this or console me on this

Last edited:
My greatest concern would be to make sure there's no inner ear infection. Anything else life threatening should have appeared on the MRI I would think, but I'm not qualified to give medical advise. But with just that information, ear infections do come and go, and sometimes cause temporary hearing loss. Pain, hearing loss, dizziness (possibly vertigo), tinnitus, intermission .. seems to make sense to me anyway.

Back