Implants and tinnitus

MandyMarie

Reaction score
For those of you who have any type of hearing implant, has your tinnitus been completely eliminated from that ear? I'm just curious since I no longer have tinnitus in my implanted ear (middle ear implant) but I still have painful tinnitus in the other ear.

My husband has a long history of tinnitus since he was a baby (or toddler from what he remember) He got a CI when he was around age 33 and tinnitus did not go away. :( A little worser though.

I only have tinnitus in my right ear (hearing aid ear). Never had tinnitus in the left dead ear which is now the implanted ear. Have been wondering if the implant would help with the tinnitus in the right ear or not. I know implants don't always help take care of the tinnitus, sometimes it makes it worse or no change.

I am curious to know how my implant has stopped the tinnitus in that ear. Just one of those small added bonuses, I guess!

Perhaps your ENT doctor can try to explain the cessation of tinnitus since implantation. Aside: though I have an Cochlear Implant-fortunately-never "suffered" from tinnitus-so far.

Implant in ears is not good? Because of the metal being installed into your brain. And having this will limit you to do anything. Like playing sports. I always play sports and I can't cope carrying this box around. And a metal in a brain? That is not good. That can lead to metal poisoning and insuccession to neural cells.

Implant in ears is not good? Because of the metal being installed into your brain. And having this will limit you to do anything. Like playing sports. I always play sports and I can't cope carrying this box around. And a metal in a brain? That is not good. That can lead to metal poisoning and insuccession to neural cells.

What kind of implants are you referring to? If CIs, no metal (or anything) is installed in the brain, no metal poisoning. No limits to sports activities. No box to be carried around.

I had experience remove on my implant reason metal no inside reason!! it is eliminated implant on my head, I have hearing aid! no metal in tinnitus, I tell you!

surgery on inside on my implant, I don't know not sure pretty pain on if suppose possible 100 % I see on seems surgery remove implant reason!!

Though I have had my Cochlear Implant almost 5 years- no metal poisoning: mine is made of ceramic which all use at the present time. Thus no metal problem.

I also go swimming almost every day-no problem either. Aside I disconnect my Implant which is not waterproof though I understand one can get one.-now.

My Harmony Implant is completely at ear level -no "box" to carry.

Is metal poisoning an issue for some people with cochlear implants? I have the Esteem middle ear implant, so it's different. It's made with titanium.

Is metal poisoning an issue for some people with cochlear implants? I have the Esteem middle ear implant, so it's different. It's made with titanium.

yes i have seen couple of youtube about the CI metal that turns out GREEN (mold). some of them got really headaches constantly and hurt. Good enough they asked doctor to remove it. One of them asked doctor to save it and showed him that he wanted to see it. Yep Green. ew..

I previously about the possibility re":green mold" etc at Sunnybrook/Toronto Cochlear Implant section- 5 years ago-answer non has occurred since they opened in 1984. Very few Implants are removed-at least there in their experience.
Different in different places?

Honest, I have experience worst headache, I search not sure poison issues on for people cochlear implant I don't know aware it it is pretty poison!

the internal implants are made with titanium, medical-grade titanium and silicone.

As for hypothesis: "poison from Cochlear Implants" (other than imaginary) strange that various countries "health protection branches" don't seem to be aware of it in reality.

I acknowledge that so far-no "brain poison"from my Cochlear Implant of almost 5 years. Not up to date on "brain poison" either.

Check Google for the latest?

Back