Implant site is bothering you at all ?

Vivie

Reaction score
My implant site is tickling me a lot lately..mostly I ignore it , but if it was on the scar site Id reason it..sadly , the raised place over the implant wants to be scratched all the time..

Does yours bother you ?:roll:

mine's senstive at the moment.... Seems like if i wear the processor all day and my incision gets quite sore and itchy. The ear hook is so uncomfortable at this minute (i had worn the processor 10 hours so far!).

my scar isn't anywhere on the implant just by it. and it's very flat scar.

Hope it gets better.

Hey Vivie - yes, even now there's certain areas that are a bit itchy.

It takes a while because of the nerve endings in the head is more abundance. Take some Vitamin B 12, and it will help the healing go quicker.

Some people are sensitive, others aren't. It does take a while.

Also, if you find your site to be sore after a couple hours and "warm" to the touch...I suggest you to check out a lower strength magnet. Normally people get a stronger strength when they are first activated because of the swelling...now the swelling has gone down, the magnet strength will go down as well.

Also, if you find your site to be sore after a couple hours and "warm" to the touch...I suggest you to check out a lower strength magnet. Normally people get a stronger strength when they are first activated because of the swelling...now the swelling has gone down, the magnet strength will go down as well.

When I get a hair cut I will readjust the magnet to a weaker strength and then stronger when my hair grows.

:shock: It isn't exactly sore..but I do feel the magnet like it's 'grabbing' my skin and it bothers me slightly and I ignore it..and yep, it's warm to the touch..when you have a right strength magnet actually is cooler? :hmm: when you have the magnet you don't feel it ?at all ? or just feel it a little bit ? Current magnet is a 4 strength , will try my 2 strength that I have somewhere..:hmm:

Also , it's been 4 months post operation..Scar's fine now....Just another in my collection of scars! lol...sometimes all together itch badly but very occassionally and I don't have hands to scratch all of them simoultaneously!LOL!( I was an spirited child , yeah! bad thing for a girlie! LOL )

overpond , I had the same problems after activation and an Ear Gear helped out a long way for not irritating my scar..now it doesn't bother me..I only wear it occasionaly nowadays when I feel sensitive! But it helped me VERY much!

sometimes I wish my audie hadn't done the early activation..:roll:

I think that is normal. I would put a anti-itch cream like a cortisone on the itchy site when you're not wearing the implant such as at night.

I do get that itchy feeling sometimes even years later.

I would avoid scratching as much as possible because that makes it worse and warm and sensitive. I would apply a cream that I mentioned instead.

Good luck!

:shock: It isn't exactly sore..but I do feel the magnet like it's 'grabbing' my skin and it bothers me slightly and I ignore it..and yep, it's warm to the touch..when you have a right strength magnet actually is cooler? :hmm: when you have the magnet you don't feel it ?at all ? or just feel it a little bit ? Current magnet is a 4 strength , will try my 2 strength that I have somewhere..:hmm:

No, it's not cooler, the lower the number the weaker it is. I was on number 3 when I was activated, but then the magnet got a bit warm, and the implant site got irritated, so I got number 2. Much better. Same goes for my friend who was on 3, and went down to 1 (thin hair).

I have always had no 2, I haven't changed my magnet at all. I don't think there's need to change.

hmmm I'm thinking..it's not exactly irritated like 'grabbing' feeling..like it grabs a handful of my hair..

itching is persisting ..as for the corizone cream someone mentioned..I don't want more cortizone!! I am already taking cortizone drugs for my allergies..I will ask my doctor sometimes when I next see him!

Back