Immersion ASL

Peter_Bda

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am looking for information on immersion ASL classes in the US, preferably the warmer states!

I have had some exposure to ASL as I attended RIT many years ago as a hearing student and had lots of positive interaction with students from the NTID. I did some ASL classes at RIT and again here at home and most recently taught my daughter baby ASL (awesome results!).

My signing skills have declined rapidly recentyl through lack of use. I would like to get back into ASL but there is not much available here in Bermuda and I learn better in a practical environment as opposed to on line.

Anyway, if anyone has any information that they think might be useful I would be very grateful!

Happy Holidays!
Peter
Bermuda

Hi,
this is not in the USA, but many Americans will come up for camp.
In Ontario (Parry Sound) there is a camp for the Deaf that offers a 1 week immersion ASL program for hearing adults every summer. They also offer Fall and Winter weekend retreats. It is farther but is very decently priced and a lot of fun. Check this page, I'm not sure if the details are up yet for this summer, but I believe they are for the Winter Weekend.
The Bob Rumball - Sign Language Services

On another note, I believe Gallaudet offers classes in the Summer for hearing or deaf.

Hope this helps,
*EQL*

Back