I'm Travis. I do math.

travisdoesmath

Reaction score
..and I started learning ASL roughly a year ago. I live in Sacramento, CA and attend school at UC Davis, working towards my B.S. in Math.

Word.

travisdoesmath said:
depends on what you mean by "2" and "+"

for example, on the natural numbers, 2 + 2 is 4
but in Z3 (the integers modulo 3) 2 + 2 is 1

:)

sounds good to me. I don't think you have to work
anymore toward your B.S. I have it right here for
you just scrool down
bullshit.jpg

your welcome

I see that you’ve encountered alldeaf’s official welcoming committee. :lol: We’ve all had to learn to coexist peacefully with bbnt. If he starts to get annoying, just remember that it’s rumored that his penis is so small that it technically qualifies as a third nipple. Try to have some sympathy. There but for the grace of God, etc., etc.

So—why the interest in ASL?

travisdoesmath said:
OMG! I TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!! W O W YOU'RE SO CLEVER!!!

where's my gold star?

Travis, Sounds great and yes math is very significantly to use it for purpose at home and at work also teach someone who need to learn math too. :p

Levonian said:
I see that you’ve encountered alldeaf’s official welcoming committee. :lol: We’ve all had to learn to coexist peacefully with bbnt. If he starts to get annoying, just remember that it’s rumored that his penis is so small that it technically qualifies as a third nipple. Try to have some sympathy. There but for the grace of God, etc., etc.

So—why the interest in ASL?

:lol: It's all good, I've dealt with more annoying netizens before :) I just usually don't take a smartass comment without making a smartass comment

re: interest in ASL .. that is an excellent question. I don't have any blatant external reasons, and in fact, I ended up in ASL 1 pretty much on a whim, but I ended up absolutely loving it. I've been lucky enough to have 4 different deaf (or HoH) teachers and I've had a really good experience with it. When I go for extended periods of signing (w/o voice) and then I have to switch back to using English, I feel like I'm downshifting to half a language.

travisdoesmath said:
I'm all out, how about a brown star?

:booty:

I really prefer gold, Levonian on the other had
collects brown stars

Welcome to AD!!! :) And I am one of the people who dislikes math. :)

Awww, bbnt wants a gold star on his forehead? :) I think Levonian's brown stars won't stick because of all of that fur since he's a monkey who collects brown stars. :lol:

Nancy said:
I think Levonian's brown stars won't stick because of all of that fur since he's a monkey who collects brown stars. :lol:

I am NOT A MONKEY!!! I am an APE!!! Repeat after me—APE. APE. APE. APE. APE, dammit! :pissed:

Levonian said:
I am NOT A MONKEY!!! I am an APE!!! Repeat after me—APE. APE. APE. APE. APE, dammit! :pissed:

OH, so you are an ape....I hope you have fun climbing the towers with Mayflower in your hands, and beating your chest like King Kong did. ;)

By the way, the monkey in that avatar of yours....is that you? or is that a mini-ape? :D

Of course that’s me in my avatar! I’m proud of the fact that I’m so dashingly handsome, and I’m not afraid to let the world know it. :thumb:

Levonian said:
Forget the star—just explain to me in 100 words or less what an eigenvector is. :confused:

okay, you have some linear transformation on a vector space that basically changes all the vectors somehow (and follows certain rules that all linear transformations have to abide by). Eigenvectors are the vectors that stay in the same direction (although their length may change) when you apply that linear transformation

if that's not clear, hit me up again

Back