I'm Tracie - coda from baltimore

traciedantoni

Reaction score
I'm somewhat new here...i was here before a few years ago and now I figured I'd come back. My mom went to frederick school for the deaf in Maryland and so did my father. My mom's name from school was Theresa Matassa and my father was Tom D'Antoni if anyone knows them. My father passed away 2 years ago but my mom is still here.

Anyway, I like to be involved here because I think coda's have the right to participate in conversations from our perspective. I grew up in two worlds and I like that. I feel lucky to be a coda. Many of my friends think it's cool that I am fluent with ASL and I used to be an ASL teacher at a private school. I miss it and hope to do it again in the future. Right now I am expecting a baby girl who is due July 27th. Very exciting!

Nice to meet you all.

Tracie

Hi Tracie, from Baltimore, smile ..I am in AA co. and love making new friends in the are I am profoundly deaf and had learned ASL..was not born deaf, happened 7 yrs ago, I have an extra gene, Johns Hopkins believes caused the deafness, could have happened anytime. I am also recovering still from a traumatic brain inlury, darn brain. smile..You are most fortunate to have had the experience of growing up learning asl..I lost all memory of the past 2 years..had to get updates from my journals and friends. I still have a problem with retention, so Im kinda stuck, darn brain...lol..maybe you could send me a PM and let me know where you live, I could do the same smile...I could use the help. But of course I know you will have your hands full of LOVE with the birth of your baby...Best of luck..welcome back
Peace to You and your family...Midnight♥♥♥

your welcome I am curious your asl how long :)

I've been signing since I was 9 months old. I didn't start using my voice until I was three. I learned to speak from family members and my parents taught me to sign.

I've been signing since I was 9 months old. I didn't start using my voice until I was three. I learned to speak from family members and my parents taught me to sign.

wow that is great! you that is nice wonderful parents teach your sign language! :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Yes, you have the right to voice about your perspective here on AD. It is nice when you come from your parents who are deaf. Also congratulation and hoping that you have a safe delivery for your baby. :thumb:

Just enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi trace! I am new here on this site too. I live in Baltimore too! I work as an interpreter and do volunteer work in the deaf community. I was excited to see someone post from my area. Very cool to meet you! :wave:

I don't know your parents but maybe I will meet them one day!

See ya!!

hmmmm.....can you explain "why" you didn't use your voice until you were 3 ?....

Back