I'm soo happy!!!

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry i didn't get back on AD for so long, our power went out for a week until saturday last week on september 20th due to hurricane ike of it's winds. But I had a Bands Of America Reginoals with alot of other high school bands from near ohio out of state. Which was also on september 20th. My high school marching band name of the band that i'm in is named: Centerville High School. And My band won FIRST PLACE OF BOA REGIONALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're soo happy!!!!!!!!!! We worked extremely hard. And so, tomorrow every friday we have football games to go to and we have to peform at half-time. And then this week on saturday We're going to another competition of Bands Of America in Indapolis aka; Indy. So we're hoping we will win. And my friend wore a blanket that looked like superman cape and I nicked named her Super girl and i told her: "if you have everyone hug you, we will get good luck to winning!" and everyone kind of did but weird thing was we won. So on saturday i'll have to get up around 7AM to get my stuff ready and then I have to leave at 8:30ishAM to get to the school at 9AM for all girls (including me) to get our hair done, and that's really important for all of us for the marching band to look good. Well not all girls just the pit (including me, i'm in the pit) and Color Guard. Not the girls that are marching on the feild, They have to put their hair in a high bun underneath their hats. So, I'm gonna be super busy. And Sunday is my only day off...agghh. so no school tomorrow either. i'm soo glad. :D:D Now i'm gona stop here and relax because i had a really long day today from school.

Congratulations to your band for winning the BOA regional!

Have fun in Indianapolis and wish you the best of luck for your team to win in Indianapolis as well!

In the meantime, do take it easy while you still can. :)

Congratulations to your band for winning the BOA regional!

Have fun in Indianapolis and wish you the best of luck for your team to win in Indianapolis as well!

In the meantime, do take it easy while you still can. :)[/QUOTE]

haha i will, I've been trying to take it easy ever since i started band. This week i just got over a cold and survived it :giggle:. Everytime we have a competition coming up (which is every saturday) we get candies which we call: "good luck candies" And my friend has a blanket that she got in her freshman year wore it as a cape as supergirl (i nickname my friend supergirl :cool2: ) and i hugged her for good luck and we won. And we got our good luck candies today. I have so much candies. I got Toosie rolls, kit-kats (which i already ate), Mike-Ikes (so popular in my hometown), lollipops, tattoos (just the wash off kind not the kind that stays on forever) andd a juice box. And band rehersal was pretty funny today too:

We had really windy winds today around 3pmish and we had to go outisde to reherse as much as possible because we need to reherse as a band together because of competitions. And so we had to keep puting our cover on our mirambas,and viberaphones because they're really bright and they can get hot from the sun which we need to advoid. So then the covers kept blowing off because of the winds, and my marching band director of the whole band had all the papers for everyone's music on a few pages and it blew away and most of us caught the papers for our director. and it was funny and he had the microphone in his hand so everyone can hear him what we needed to do, he saids: "whoops...Now that's not my fault" so we gave him back his papers later on after rehersal. And right now i'm on Itunes trying to relax and i'm going back and forth from Itunes to AD.com..lol. plus i'm tired..i got up at 6AM. i have to get up at 6AM for my bus because my bus arrives around 6:50ish. but my dad drove me to school all week this week because i was so tired with band. oh well.

coolgirlspyer90 ... Are you involve Color Guard for championship back about August 8th or 9th in Indiana? Cuz one of my nephews (from San Jose, CA) was there as it was his last show for this year and won second place but very close to first place by .25 point (I think).

and Color Guard.

coolgirlspyer90 ... Are you involve Color Guard for championship back about August 8th or 9th in Indiana? Cuz one of my nephews (from San Jose, CA) was there as it was his last show for this year and won second place but very close to first place by .25 point (I think).

sorry, i'm not in color guard. I'm part of the pit in the marching band which is the viberaphones, miramba, the drumset, etc. but i play viberaphone in the pit which is my position. But we are going to indiana tomorrow on saturday for a competition with other 14 bands i think.

Back