I'm so sick of my hearing aids

Deaf_Jen

Reaction score
you know when i first got them... i was loving it... i could hear... better than ever!... but since ive had them theyve caused me nothing but problesm...

first theygave me the wrong ear moulds (one they repaired and fits fine) the other was so big it cut my ear... and every time i puut it in or out... it hurt like hell... so they get me a new one...

then they realise that digital hearing aids perhaps wherent the best type to give me... because i started to go back to my problem of not being able to distinguish noises... but we persevere and after a few re-tunes we get them working to a suitible standard...

they break...

i cant get away from uni long enough to get them fixed..... so i rely on lip reading for months (the health service only have a hearing aid clinic on certain days of the weeks at certain times... all of which where during important lectures)

so i go in today to get them fixed (i was turned away last week because i dindt have an opointment)

they replace the sound filters... because when the tubes where re-fitted a few months back they broke off........ they re-tune them (aparently) give me a hand full of batteries and send me on my merry way

although the damn things still arent working right... what it is is my right ear is worse than my left... and im getting deafer... they wont re-test my ears! so its like ive got one sounded hearing... i feel as if im leaning my head to one side... im going to ring them next week and playhell... i cant be haivng useless hearing aids... im 21 not 70... i have a life...

grr im so annoyed! thanks for putting up with me guys

Wanna Trade places with me? Pray to GOD tell him you wanna trade with me give my hearing back and you go deaf.Deal? :deal:

Shut up, Raven.

Jen-

It is always difficult to adjust to new hearing aids. It seems that you became deaf later in life? It's hard to get yourself retested and all that.

YOu just have to keep working on it and get them ifxed just right.

have you tried an analog hearing aid? They're not as fancy as digital ones, but???

good luck.

Yeah, I second cady.....analog aids tend to be more durable...I know Vampy said he tried digis and they broke all the time on him! I feel for ya!!! I hate it when my hearing aids break or are lost and I can't function without them!

cady75 said:
Shut up, Raven.

Jen-

It is always difficult to adjust to new hearing aids. It seems that you became deaf later in life? It's hard to get yourself retested and all that.

YOu just have to keep working on it and get them ifxed just right.

have you tried an analog hearing aid? They're not as fancy as digital ones, but???

good luck.

i became deaf when i was seven... the doctors messed up my ears/hearing by performing a procedure that isnt suposed to be done untill the ears have stoped growing (age 16) i only got hearing aids in 2004 after years of telling my family and gp that i couldnt hear... and having to lip read. this obviously affected my reeading ability somewhat... and with having dyslexia it made my life somewhat difficult

see england doesnt stock the analog hearing aids any more... they are completly overhauling the audiology departments... and there are 4 year waiting lists for people to get their hearing aids changed to the new digital ones... mine where a rushed job because they realised what a cock up they had made

Raven,... i am deaf... im certificated deaf... with hearing loss in both ears... which will never improove just get worse... i wear bi-latteral digital hearing aids.... im proud of who i am and the problems that i have with my hearing... god has given me something which i have to deal with and in someways could be counted as a gift... as i am training in the ministry... the anglican ministy has a number of deaf churches and it will help me communicate with my patrons... im not ashamed of who i am or what i am... neither should you be.

WEll i had 65DB left before i went deaf. I heard beautiful with my hearing aid. And i guess they dont have lawsuits in england like they do in america.If you lived here and doctor messed up your hearing you take em to court and you get wealth!!!!

ravensteve1961 said:
WEll i had 65DB left before i went deaf. I heard beautiful with my hearing aid. And i guess they dont have lawsuits in england like they do in america.If you lived here and doctor messed up your hearing you take em to court and you get wealth!!!!

there are certain medial loopholes that exist that make claiming agoinst those in the medical practice verry difficult
also its having the money to sue... i dont come from a verry wealthy family.... and going into what is called an un-proovable case... the docors just just argue that there was a posibility i had hearing loss from being born... and the procedure did nothing... therefore going into an 'unproovable case' its a big gamble with money neither i or my family have.

That's a rip off that England's going to ALL digis....high end analogs are just as good as digis!

you know if you break (intentionaly)or loose them you are billed £1500 each... since i wear two... thats £3000... its £3000 i dont ... or any little old dear doesnt have.... the analogs only cost about £50

I have no problem with my hearing aid and sometimes its dead battery so I have to change new battery put my hearing aid.

Yea my old hearing aid, the batties last me 6 weeks and now I got the new one and it last 3 weeks. GRRRRRRRRRRR I hate that.

Pomeranian said:
Yea my old hearing aid, the batties last me 6 weeks and now I got the new one and it last 3 weeks. GRRRRRRRRRRR I hate that.
6 weeks?!?! Damn. My current battery last about 1.5 week. What brand do you use to last 3 weeks?

My hearing aid uses up the batteries in average of 2 weeks, that's pretty long time compared to many electronics like PDA, laptops, MP3 players, cell phones, etc.

Deaf_Jen said:
you know when i first got them... i was loving it... i could hear... better than ever!... but since ive had them theyve caused me nothing but problesm...

first theygave me the wrong ear moulds (one they repaired and fits fine) the other was so big it cut my ear... and every time i puut it in or out... it hurt like hell... so they get me a new one...

then they realise that digital hearing aids perhaps wherent the best type to give me... because i started to go back to my problem of not being able to distinguish noises... but we persevere and after a few re-tunes we get them working to a suitible standard...

they break...

i cant get away from uni long enough to get them fixed..... so i rely on lip reading for months (the health service only have a hearing aid clinic on certain days of the weeks at certain times... all of which where during important lectures)

so i go in today to get them fixed (i was turned away last week because i dindt have an opointment)

they replace the sound filters... because when the tubes where re-fitted a few months back they broke off........ they re-tune them (aparently) give me a hand full of batteries and send me on my merry way

although the damn things still arent working right... what it is is my right ear is worse than my left... and im getting deafer... they wont re-test my ears! so its like ive got one sounded hearing... i feel as if im leaning my head to one side... im going to ring them next week and playhell... i cant be haivng useless hearing aids... im 21 not 70... i have a life...

grr im so annoyed! thanks for putting up with me guys

:( Shitty. :hug: I know what it's like, trust me, PM sometime and we can bitch (i'm your age don't worry!!! ha ha ha)

three weeks? Wow...mine last like two weeks...lol I remmy last semester my aid would always die during my night class....

The range of battery life as indicated by the various members here, I think, is misleading until one knows how long one wears one's aid. For example, I wear my aid approximately 18 hours a day, consistently, and my batteries last consistently 10 days.

i wear mine from when i get up in the morning... till when i go to bed at night.... seven days a week,...but i get free ones of the governemtn so you know they wontbe of best quality

aww breezy same goes for you too

hehehe

ive calmed down a bit now.... but im still annoyed withthe darn things :s ;)

Back