I'm sad :(

Yes, I totally understand how you feel. Perhaps you could take some ASL classes to become interpreter in the near future so you'll be able to work with deaf customers every day. :D

Like he said, another alternative opportunity!

I'm sorry about your job, Carly. My husband recently was laid off from a new job which he loved and he was sad too -

BUT maybe something better WILL come up!

Best Wishes with your signing!

Yes, I totally understand how you feel. Perhaps you could take some ASL classes to become interpreter in the near future so you'll be able to work with deaf customers every day. :D

I do plan on going into the interpreting program at my university to keep up my signing skills but I want to teach later on. They don't offer that at my current university. I still have a long way to go for that though! I can tell my man waters down his signing so I can understand better (man I feel like a first grader when sometimes!) smiles but when I tell him sign me something like you would to your friends, WOW! blows my mind! I was like, yea I got "bowling" out of that. LOL!

I hope I can find something else soon. Most likely for now in retail but a lot of jobs taken there too.

Laid off and hired new employees for low salary.

Like I said, if it was a union shop, this wouldn't have happened. Until we start waking up in this country, this will be a regular thing and everyone will work for scum wages because they don't want a union. Try buying a house on scum wages and let me know what the payments are like, if it's a nice house in a nice neighborhood, otherwise, have to live around trash.

Perhaps try another different cafe?

Maybe. Not sure yet. A friend said her husband has an opening in his restaurant for a hostess but, hmm, restaurant way different! I'm looking into it all though, hopefully something good will come out of this :)

I wud say about 20 or more starbucks coffee closed due to ecomony but lucky starbucks coffee near where I live still open if it closed i wud be pissed but whatever... there are many starbucks coffee still in south bay ;) so I'm not really worried heh but sorry to hear that you got laid off from starbucks coffee carly2k5

I'm sorry that you lost your job. I hope you can find another one soon.

I wud say about 20 or more starbucks coffee closed due to ecomony but lucky starbucks coffee near where I live still open if it closed i wud be pissed but whatever... there are many starbucks coffee still in south bay ;) so I'm not really worried heh but sorry to hear that you got laid off from starbucks coffee carly2k5

Actually, I have two Starbucks in my hometown. I think I remember one was closed for about six months - I didn't pay attention how long it was closed. Then, I was surprised that it opened again. Another store is still opened since then. These stores are not the same owners. Perhaps, Carly2k5 could investigate what is going on in his/her town.

Off topic, I was a house/building inspector for a big insurance company. I learned that some groceries were closed due their financial problem, but that was not the case. It had to do with their poor management especially the employees failed to meet a few health safety standard laws. It might be different from her business - I don't know. I assume that she missed something that she doesn't see what was going with her employees. I can't explain, but one in my mind that the employees might be mistaken counting the money from the cash or even stealing some money once a while like ten to 20 bucks in three or six times a month. I caught one woman that stole 10 dollars, and I reported it to the headquarter company on the phone about it. It's funny I was there with the casher to pay something during my duty time with my insurance badge. The cashier was so stupid for doing that. Of course, she was fired for her own good. There are still a lot of problems with some employees who might think that they would be next to be layoff so they would find a way to steal money from their work or stole some items and put them on eBay. For example, a toy package is empty inside the box on the shelf at a store. I can't imagine that.

Oh boy, that suck! We still have a bad economy since Bush's 2nd term.

Not whole of his term, economy is in good shape in from 2003 until late 2007, there's bad thing because of decline on dollar value and skyrocket of oil price.

Not whole of his term, economy is in good shape in from 2003 until late 2007, there's bad thing because of decline on dollar value and skyrocket of oil price.

Well, you could be right. Actually, he has many huge oil stock investments in Texas. I am not exact sure that he has some oil properties or how big they are. It would be good if we could use his oil to save our economy in some ways.

A few years ago, I watched on 20/20. An oil inspector in Saudi discovered that the oil will be run out approximately in 50 years or less. That is probably why the prices went up. The Arabians are building windpower farms on their country. I believe that they will screw us later when their oil is near empty.

I have not heard about our current Picken's Plan in western states. I hope that Obama needs to work with Picken sooner the better. I don't care about the automakers because they are worried about allowing to expand the gas miles. They can expand 100 miles per gallon or more, but they still won't do it because the presidents of automaker are good friends with the oil owners. It's just the same old news for years. I remember that in between 2005 to 2008 our government forced Toyota to ban its EV-4 trucks that run 100 mpg. They sold 4,000 RAV EV-4 model trucks in the United States before the government banned it. Toyota is still selling this model with under 30 mpg strictly by the gov't. :roll:

Well, you could be right. Actually, he has many huge oil stock investments in Texas. I am not exact sure that he has some oil properties or how big they are. It would be good if we could use his oil to save our economy in some ways.

A few years ago, I watched on 20/20. An oil inspector in Saudi discovered that the oil will be run out approximately in 50 years or less. That is probably why the prices went up. The Arabians are building windpower farms on their country. I believe that they will screw us later when their oil is near empty.

I have not heard about our current Picken's Plan in western states. I hope that Obama needs to work with Picken sooner the better. I don't care about the automakers because they are worried about allowing to expand the gas miles. They can expand 100 miles per gallon or more, but they still won't do it because the presidents of automaker are good friends with the oil owners. It's just the same old news for years. I remember that in between 2005 to 2008 our government forced Toyota to ban its EV-4 trucks that run 100 mpg. They sold 4,000 RAV EV-4 model trucks in the United States before the government banned it. Toyota is still selling this model with under 30 mpg strictly by the gov't. :roll:

Oh man, I can't believe about greedy from oil companies but it's safe to establish the state oil company to rid all of capitalism oil companies to save our neck from high gas price like Mexico did.

It's already hit 3rd time that we don't learn our lesson from oil embargo in 1973 and oil crisis in 1979, again for short time in 1990-1991 then again in 2003-2008.

I'm getting enough with stupid high gas price by looking for other energy source or alternative fuel, Obama is big favor into that and he wouldn't cooperate with all greedy from oil companies.

Yup, there's safe projection about oil will run out in 2050 but again, it could getting little longer, who knows.

Most automakers are already favor into other energy or alternative fuel because skyrocket of gas price has hurt their business but government regulation need to be change.

I just lost my job at Starbucks. I helped open the store and was there for two years! Almost every store that is staying open had to let go 1-2 employees because of the economy and no business. No business=no hours.

This sucks :(

:hug: sorry sweetie... I had this happen one time- really blew me out of the water too!! BUT it did lead me to getting out there and finding a BETTER job~ so who knows, hopefully that will happen for you too!! Good Luck and again, I'm sorry!

Actually, I have two Starbucks in my hometown. I think I remember one was closed for about six months - I didn't pay attention how long it was closed. Then, I was surprised that it opened again. Another store is still opened since then. These stores are not the same owners. Perhaps, Carly2k5 could investigate what is going on in his/her town.

Off topic, I was a house/building inspector for a big insurance company. I learned that some groceries were closed due their financial problem, but that was not the case. It had to do with their poor management especially the employees failed to meet a few health safety standard laws. It might be different from her business - I don't know. I assume that she missed something that she doesn't see what was going with her employees. I can't explain, but one in my mind that the employees might be mistaken counting the money from the cash or even stealing some money once a while like ten to 20 bucks in three or six times a month. I caught one woman that stole 10 dollars, and I reported it to the headquarter company on the phone about it. It's funny I was there with the casher to pay something during my duty time with my insurance badge. The cashier was so stupid for doing that. Of course, she was fired for her own good. There are still a lot of problems with some employees who might think that they would be next to be layoff so they would find a way to steal money from their work or stole some items and put them on eBay. For example, a toy package is empty inside the box on the shelf at a store. I can't imagine that.

For a store to close down for a few months they may have also had renovations done too. Starbucks closed the first 600 stores awhile back. Then a few months later, closed more stores who were still "underperforming". Now they are going to this priority scheduling and just cutting people off, 1-2 employees. No severance package for me either. It doesn't make sense.

In regards to our store being clean: We have 2 separate checks, the board of health and a personal company hired inspector. So Sbux is graded pretty hard and we scored a 98% once. Never below I think 88%. That is very good. The longer a store stays open, the harder it is to maintain working condition of items.

Money wise: We used to have to count our drawers (tills) when we signed on to a register but now a Shift Supervisor does it just for it to be quicker. There's never been a money issue and all money is accounted for and signed off by 2 parties, the one who counted and the one who watched count and drop the till money. Not to mention a ton of security cameras :)

Some people have mentioned that I should go above my manager's head and ask the district manager. I just don't want to cause any problems or to be suddenly considered "on bad terms". I just really don't understand why they are getting rid of me even if I changed my availability when I helped open that store. *sigh*

Keep your chin up, don't let this get you down!

I was in the same situation a while ago, laid off with no job and worried about the future, but something else came up when I least expected it.

Hope you find something soon, just think of it all as a new opportunity! :)

I support to you buddy. Don't worry i tell to you help you encourage to you positive.. I am happy.. I am glad of you. i Hope be you are okay.

oh Carly i am sorry that you lost your job
hugs you

i hope you get other job in the future don't give up smile who knows there is some oppunity (sp) out there

Back