I'm planning to get me an HDTV sometime next month...

Steel X

Reaction score
I've been trying hard to save me enough money to buy me an HDTV but since I realized flat tube HDTVs are the cheapest I rather get the cheapest if it still shows the best picture possible and all.

I'm planning to get me an 27' flat tube HDTV that support 1080i and would get HD component cables for the Xbox360...but since it is 27' and all is it possible that I can change the video for Xbox360 to 720p? hope so...and afew ppl suggested I save more money and buy me the LCD widescreen kind instead but they just cost more so either its old fashioned or not I just want something to make my games look THAT good.

what are your suggestions, ladies and gentlemen?

Insignia™ - 27" Flat-Tube HDTV - Silver/Black - NS-27HTV

I suggest you to getting hdtv for me and Sequoias? ;)

Just kidding! Im so idiot on it, so you could talk to Sequoias about it :D

I do not know what and which HDTV good one?? but Want say

Good Luck to buying new Tv in soon future :):):)

If it support 1080i, then it probably should be able to support 720p.

Hope you get a good deal on a good CRT HDTV.

Go with a Westinghouse HDTV. They're really good for the price and you get the full 1080p experience! Their smallest 1080p HDTV is somewhere in the 30" range.

Go with a Westinghouse HDTV. They're really good for the price and you get the full 1080p experience! Their smallest 1080p HDTV is somewhere in the 30" range.

Any HDTV that which is under 37" and support 1080p will be same as 1080i, also it doesn't make different.

I've been trying hard to save me enough money to buy me an HDTV but since I realized flat tube HDTVs are the cheapest I rather get the cheapest if it still shows the best picture possible and all.

I'm planning to get me an 27' flat tube HDTV that support 1080i and would get HD component cables for the Xbox360...but since it is 27' and all is it possible that I can change the video for Xbox360 to 720p? hope so...and afew ppl suggested I save more money and buy me the LCD widescreen kind instead but they just cost more so either its old fashioned or not I just want something to make my games look THAT good.

If I was you then wouldn't recommanded to buy HDTV that's not widescreen or you will stuck with 1080i since 720p is widescreen, we did tested with 720p on flat panel HDTV and looks horrible then switched into 1080i.

Hey Steel.. you're not alone.. so am I
exactly I did create thread about HDTV OR OTHER...
feedback opinion welcomed..
still working and researching until right time pick good t.v. for my family and can see caption clearly than blur side by side.. 90* to 45* angle degree..

If I was you then wouldn't recommanded to buy HDTV that's not widescreen or you will stuck with 1080i since 720p is widescreen, we did tested with 720p on flat panel HDTV and looks horrible then switched into 1080i.

If your talking about the black bars showing on above and below, black bars arent much of a problem to me since it seems most ppl would perfer a widescreen type instead but they just cost more so if I get the one with black bars, its not much of an concern to me since I did see black bars on my VGA monitor when I played Dead Rising and Gears of War, etc...so you know, I just rather play games on a TV instead and wanna get the perfect TV for Xbox360 and since most Xbox360 games support 1080i, I thought the one I wanted to get would still be perfert that way. even if its 4:3 ratio.

If it support 1080i, then it probably should be able to support 720p.

Hope you get a good deal on a good CRT HDTV.

I've did a little research on those 4:3 ratio HDTVs and it seems that most do support 720p depending on the size of the TV so I think I'm good but funny is that some ppl said there's no real difference between 720p and 1080i in gaming so perhas 1080i is just best for me then since it's bigger.

I've read that Interlace (i) is better for movies, while Progressive(p) is better for gaming, because there is muhc more action on the screen.

Perhas so yeah...

I've read somewhere that VGA can upscale dvds, while component cant and can only display movies in 480p but thats not much of a concern for me since dvd movies arent even capable of 1080i or anything like that lol

1080p TVs arent completely standard or common yet since there arent alot that are 1080p yet...same for 1440p as well. But really, I think 1080i is (hopefully) good enough for me in between movies and games. 1440p TVs will be just take forever me to save up on a HDTV lol so 1080i/720p are pretty much more common for movies and games and proably will be for awhile thou.

OUCH!

GOOD LUCK with your new toy!

Just let me know when you get new toy sooner!! thanks.. :thumb:

How about samsang { Samsung - SlimFit 30" Widescreen Flat-Tube HDTV - TX-S3082WH } ???

Myself, I think it would be more ideal for you to get a widescreen HDTV (CRT) because Xbox 360 games and DVD movies can be viewed in widescreen. It's better this way from my experience.

Hey, wait, a minute, I must tell you when before you buying the HDTV.
I make sure of all you need a HDTV, first of all: get a HDTV if that has advanced captioning for digital broadcasting, it called EIA-608 captioning
such as channels on CS1, CS2, CS3, CS4.
Because I don't want to be feel bad for the deaf and hard-of-hearing person who buy a HDTV if no captions, then waste your money. That's good idea to decide before buying it. Try them out if has Advanced captioning, push the menu button on the remote or on the television set;
or you can ask the clerks/staff in the store such as: Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc. for before using it, try it that has advanced captioning that has different font,
size, colors, etc. them you can change the captioning option style if you want to use it for digital broadcasting for SDTV or HDTV. After that done that has digital captioning, you will buy it or not. You decide.

My father told me that has Advanced Captioning for HDTV, Emerson 39 inches with the frame is-- 1080p. I hope he not mistaken. Maybe he has 720p
for under 45" inches? :dunno:

I make sure of all you need a HDTV, first of all: get a HDTV if that has advanced captioning for digital broadcasting, it called EIA-608 captioning
Because I don't want to be feel bad for the deaf and hard-of-hearing person who buy a HDTV if no captions, then waste your money. That's good idea to decide before buying it. Try them out if has Advanced captioning, push the menu button on the remote or on the television set;
or you can ask the clerks/staff in the store such as: Best Buy, Wal-mart, etc. for before using it, try it that has advanced captioning that has different font,
size, colors, etc. them you can change the captioning option style if you want to use it for digital broadcasting for SDTV or HDTV. After that done that has digital captioning, you will buy it or not. You decide.

My father told me that has Advanced Captioning for HDTV, Emerson 39 inches with the frame is-- 1080p. I hope he not mistaken. Maybe he has 720p
I think 1080p only exist on 50' and bigger TVs.

besides, I've checked on the TV I talked about, it says it does contain closed captions so I'm good.

I think 1080p only exist on 50' and bigger TVs.

besides, I've checked on the TV I talked about, it says it does contain closed captions so I'm good.

Actually, you can get 1080p on 37" Westinghouse LCD HDTV

Actually, you can get 1080p on 37" Westinghouse LCD HDTV

Really? weird cause I never really seen any 30' something 1080p TVs before...even I looked up at bestbuy and circuit city and they dont have those. maybe its my internet or something lmao

Remember, the law was passed in 1993 that all TV are required to have CC built-in.

Back