I'm NOT flirting with you, I'm lipreading you, fool!

This lady has a good point.
We hoh's are not flirting with others when we lip read!
It's quite awkward (I'm 15 yo girl) when I'm talking and lip reading lads, they kinda look away and go red after a bit..
MORTIFYING!

From my perspective, I can tell when she's uncomfortable (misinterpreted as "im looking at your boobs") or she thinks I'm trying to flirt with her. I just casually slip in that I read her lips so that I can hear. Not a big deal. At work, it's imperative that my hard-of-hearing and skill-set required to communicate is known.

From my perspective, I can tell when she's uncomfortable (misinterpreted as "im looking at your boobs") or she thinks I'm trying to flirt with her. I just casually slip in that I read her lips so that I can hear. Not a big deal. At work, it's imperative that my hard-of-hearing and skill-set required to communicate is known.

I usually am looking at the boobs :naughty:

your husband on a child's bike with training wheels doesn't frighten me! :nana:

no no no its not my husband. He's just an humble guy. YOu forget that I am a "faghag" girl. Therefore I love hanging out with gay friends so I can contact one of them who are happy to do it for me when they see you. :eek3:

no no no its not my husband. He's just an humble guy. YOu forget that I am a "faghag" girl therefore I love hanging out with gay friends so I can contact one of them who are happy to do it for me when they see you. :eek3:

leave Jiro out of it!

I'm out of crazy glue to protectively seal my bunghole! :Ohno:

I stare at people that are in a group around me. I like to catch what they are saying so I read their lips. I had people that didn't know I was hearing impaired asked why I stare right at the lips n stuff... so I explained that I am partial deaf.. and they understand. I am sure there are people out there that think staring at someone makes it seems like you may like that person but it's not the case.. you just gotta explain your situation for them to understand.

Back