I'm new

dancefreakallo

Reaction score
:wave: hello! i am new to this... i am a ASL student in need of some feedback on what any of you think about the Deaf as a culture or as a disability. Basically, my project is dealing with Deaf: culture vs. disability. Anybody?!?!

Welcome...

Personally i don't believe deafness is either culture and disability.. Now guys dun get mad at me, but i think deaf culture is just a ""gang"" because they don't want to socialize or become realisitc etc.. Now this is just in my experience, i have been at a deaf school for 7 years now and the experience was not that great for me. So i look at deaf students as immature and stuff, andthey think deaf culture rules when really they need to think about others like realitic community cuz there are way too many hearing compares with deaf and they will need to learn how to live with it, bite the bullet etc etc.. Maybe my experience and opinion will change when i am finish high school, but i'll see about that later..

Deafness is not a disability, it just a part of your body that doesnt work. It doesnt affect your life, only hearing part is affected. You can still walk, move, drive, learn, and all that crap but cant hear that all, so i don't consider it a disability either.

:wave: welcome to AD dancefreakallo -- enjoy ur stay! :D

to answer ur question -- i consider it to be a culture

Herzlich Willkommen zu AD

Come and share your posts here with us :thumb:

:wave: :welcome: Hello and Welcome to Alldeaf dancefreakallo. I hope you have been enjoying your stay here on this forum.

I am hearing, but, my parent's are both deaf. I have been with the deaf more than with the hearing for many, many years, and I too consider it to be deaf culture.

Back