Im New! ^_^

JohnnyRogue

Reaction score
HELLO!! :wave:
i havent used a forum ina while but i was hoping to make some new friends and i love what ive learned about deaf culture ^_^
Im hearing n im 24yr old chick from ny

Hey there! I'm pretty much a noob here myself just been lurking mostly.

Just curious as to what brought you here? Yeah I know... I'm nosy.

Hey there! I'm pretty much a noob here myself just been lurking mostly.

Just curious as to what brought you here? Yeah I know... I'm nosy.

your not nosy! ^_^ i was hoping someone asked me something lol
well i'm hearing but my mother is deaf in her right ear and hard of hearing in her left. she has never wanted anything to do with the deaf community and acts like nothings wrong :roll: and since i was young a would ask her sometimes cuz i had a feeling there was a community out there since ppl know ASL and that we she learn it too. She never did, and here i am now... wanting to learn more n make friends ^_^

what about you??

your not nosy! ^_^ i was hoping someone asked me something lol
well i'm hearing but my mother is deaf in her right ear and hard of hearing in her left. she has never wanted anything to do with the deaf community and acts like nothings wrong :roll: and since i was young a would ask her sometimes cuz i had a feeling there was a community out there since ppl know ASL and that we she learn it too. She never did, and here i am now... wanting to learn more n make friends ^_^

what about you??

Well I'm deaf in my right ear and have profound loss in the left. Had bacterial spinal meningitis as a baby which caused nerve damage or something like that. I'm fortunate enough that the higher powered HA's are just loud enough to use in my left ear to be able to comprehend most of what people say.

I was placed in a program for deaf children starting at age 2 thru 2nd grade. Was then transferred to my local school in a typical class. Back then I knew ASL fluently. All I can remember now is the alphabet. :-(

It's been in the back of my mind lately to try to get back to my roots so to speak. Maybe learn ASL all over again. Did a search online and found this site. Guess I'll see where this path takes me.

Geez I just wrote a friggin novel here. So much for just lurking and making the occasional smartass comment. :-/

Back