I'm in not fuckin' mood for this shit!

Yeah. I noticed it's environmental science. I don't know how much RIT/NTID tuition fee nowaday. I heard Kean University is cheaper than MU.

its between 18,000 to 19,000 dollars a year to pay tuition, dorm, food and small fee that I have to pay

Taurus, Do you have a financial aid from NID/RIT? I never have been in RIT before. If you have financial aid and will help you to pay off for classes what you take for semester.

i'm not sure if this count with scholarships from RIT? if yes.. yes i have scholarship from RIT.. it just not enough anyway..

Taurus, I have a question for you that could make a difference in the amount of student aid you receive.

First of all, are you <23 years old?
Secondly, when you filled out your FAFSA, did you fill it out using your parent's income, or your own income?

yes i'm less than 23..
I HAVE to fill out my parent's income and my income..

otherwise. if i fill out fake information.. i'm sure ill end up in jail.

Gee. That's hard. After my sisters graduated from their college, and it took eight years for them to pay off their loan. What a suck!

I know, that why I dont want to get loans..

I'm not buying things that I'll pay later.. NEVER!

That's why I also dont have credit card :giggle:

yes i'm less than 23..
I HAVE to fill out my parent's income and my income..

otherwise. if i fill out fake information.. i'm sure ill end up in jail.

i am sorry that you have to do the hard way. Same here but I am just got out of foster care program. I have couple of grants, scholarships, VR, and SSI helping me for college.

I have an idea. If we know the person very well or he has been long in this AllDeaf.com and has been posting and replying number of time in this forum. Then why not some of us contribute $5 toward his education. In return, he will have to achieve his education with GPA of 3.0 and show us some of his progress toward getting his degree. Plus he will have to participate with us when someone is in needed. I know it may sound crazy.

if 5,000 registered member contributes $5 and that would be totaled to $25,000.

It's up to us.

I joined NTID in winter quarter.. I got 4.00gpa from that.. and spring quarter.. I got 3.25gpa.. (yea it low because I took more courses)
now I'm done with NTID.. This fall I'll be RIT student..
Yes, I'm not majoring anything in NTID.. just study to increase my skills of reading, writing, and math..

yea, I know. 6 years after graduation, I am still paying for my student loans and I am sure I got more than 10 years left before they are paid off. Oh well.

Taurus...good luck in finding a solution!! I am sure u will find something.

What about applying for scholarships?

:shock: 10 more years? that's why i'm not going to try to get loans.. no matter what..

I did apply scholarships..

Too late to apply FAFSA for this fall season.

We have FAFSA for our twin sons at two different college. We must finish apply before deadline before by Feb 2008. My one of twin son got many scholars plus free apt/meal. Next year, I hope he will take Master Degree. We have no idea FAFSA support for Master Degree.

You are NTID/RIT. They should have special tuition for deaf student at NTID/RIT. I was NTID/RIT student in 1981 to 1985. Yes, I remember that I saw two big different price (Tuition) for hearing student vs deaf student in our time.

I believe in the state of Illinois, VR will pay full price for tuition/fees and books/supplies if you meet their financial criteria. What state are you from? I guess they have different policy on this.

yes, different states, different towns have different policy.. ugh..

I have a friend in this state (different town) she dont have to pay anything.. I'm like :pissed: no fuckin' fair!

Too late to apply FAFSA for this fall season.

We have FAFSA for our twin sons at two different college. We must finish apply before deadline before by Feb 2008. My one of twin son got many scholars plus free apt/meal. Next year, I hope he will take Master Degree. We have no idea FAFSA support for Master Degree.

You are NTID/RIT. They should have special tuition for deaf student at NTID/RIT. I was NTID/RIT student in 1981 to 1985. Yes, I remember that I saw two big different price (Tuition) for hearing student vs deaf student in our time.

yes i know, hearing ppl have to pay for 30,000 dollars but i'm deaf, i only have to pay for 18,000..

this sux, i truly hope you'd find a way, how about siigning up for a job like transporting alligators for mafias? jk

I love movie "The Freshman". Two college students were delivering a Komodo Dragon.

yep, but most deaf ppl in NTID/RIT are fuckin' brats..

they kept saying like this..

"haha, sucks to be you! My parents pay me everything!"

Yeah. I am feeling sorry for you.:hug: Do you know i have to pay college tuition myself? I was foster child. So, I gotten 2 grants one from California and One from Florida along with other things i have to pay the tuition. But don't say I am lucky. I am struggling to get the Chaffe grant at moment.

Yeah. I am feeling sorry for you.:hug: Do you know i have to pay college tuition myself? I was foster child. So, I gotten 2 grants one from California and One from Florida along with other things i have to pay the tuition. But don't say I am lucky. I am struggling to get the Chaffe grant at moment.

yea thanks,

I know i'm not alone.. I know that there are many ppl are struggling to get money for college and else..

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling to get more money for your college! I am little confused! Have you try student loans?? I know its not fair but its worth of trying that.

I got student loan which I don't have to pay the loan while I was in college. I started to pay the loan when I graduated from college. Loan is fixed meaning interest won't go higher. I only pay $200 monthly till I paid it off.

Hope that helps!

Back