I'm In A Cloud here.

In A Cloud...

Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure what was going on because I've always felt "stuffy" on one side. Was told some years back that my eustachian tube has collapsed. :ugh:

About a month ago, I felt as if I had and ear infection so I went in to see the doctor. A mild infection, sent home with a low dose of antibiotics and an appt to see an audiologist because "It's been so long since you were there, maybe you should do another test."

Just got the news a few days ago that I have bilateral hearing loss. No wonder I couldn't understand what the heck people were saying! :-o

Yesterday I had a hearing aid consultation. They should be ready for pick up in about two weeks. :dance2:

This is all new to me. But not to you all. So I've come here to learn because ~

I'm In A Cloud

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I'm actually a bit excited to get the new HAs. They are the open air type and I'm afraid that they may accidentally fall out at work and I may lose or damage them. I work in a warehouse and although my hair is shoulder length there are times that I put it in a ponytail just to keep it out of my face. After I decided on this style, my cousin said that they are easy to fall off.

Although there is the retention wire, I was told of stories where people still would lose them.

*sigh*

I have the open fit right now, because my audi didn't know what the heck she was doing when she fitted me with them. I'm getting new HAs because I need more power than the open fit type.

I currently have Unitrons, and I'm in the process of scheduling an appt with a new audiologist. I really like the Phonak BTEs, though, I really want something by them. Hopefully within a month I'll have them! My dad, who has a milder, late onset, hearing loss, wears Phonak open fits, and I think he loves them!

Good luck, I hope that you get fitted better. The ones I'm getting are Phonaks as well. The more I think about it, the more excited I'm getting. It's just hard to accept though that I'll even be needing these. Kind of wondering what I've been missing because since this hearing loss was gradual, it's hard to compare. I just hope that I don't lose them.

I think once you get them, you'll be able to notice if they fall out (which hasn't happened for my dad) because you suddenly won't be able to hear as well. What's your degree of hearing loss?

I'm borderline moderate, sensorineural. I don't quite understand the numbers all too much, I have an idea but I don't want to type out something wrong.

After I chose the open fit, I was told that they are easy to lose compared to the ones with molds.

I have bilateral hearing loss, but I lived a BTE life. (they're easy not to lose because of cool colors!)
you're getting Phonaks? well guess what? I'm a huge fan of their FM system *my Inspiro has swag lol)

also my loss's the same as Mary's, but actually is the opposite so we're pretty much kinda ear twins :D

Back