I'm Hearing and I Want To Make Some Deaf Friends

:welcome:

Hi :) Thank you for the warm welcomes and hellos. They really brighten up my day.
Can you send the warm part of the welcomes here? We're in for another cold spell.

Welcome! I grew up hearing and grew down to minimally hearing :) .

Welcome to all!!! Haha. As for the incident... when I was younger, about 5 or 6, I got really bad strep throat. I showed signs of getting better, and my mother took me off the meds I was taking. I still had the strep very bad, and instead of it killing me by going to my heart, it traveled up to my ear, and blew out my ear drum, leaving me partially tone deaf.

Welcome to all!!! Haha. As for the incident... when I was younger, about 5 or 6, I got really bad strep throat. I showed signs of getting better, and my mother took me off the meds I was taking. I still had the strep very bad, and instead of it killing me by going to my heart, it traveled up to my ear, and blew out my ear drum, leaving me partially tone deaf.

Very sad...:eek3:
I think you are girl smart and i hope you be fine every day :D
How you can speak with also partially tone deaf in your right ear?
You dont wish a new hearing aid for use everyday?

It's not really normal speaking tones, it's more like really high pitched tones or really low tones. I could never be a musical writer or producer, so the doctors say.

It's not really normal speaking tones, it's more like really high pitched tones or really low tones. I could never be a musical writer or producer, so the doctors say.

Hey...you never give up!
You can be a musical writer,musician...any..You can!Anythig!:dj:

Your doctor it's....:crazy:
I know many people,they can being musician,with hearing aid,or abit deaf

There are so many deaf events in your area. Feel free to PM me if you want to know more details. My deaf buddy teach ASL class in Los Gatos, and he often host deaf social at Westfield Valley Mall every month and ASL Bonfire social on beach at Santa Cruz.

Welcome to alldeaf!

Hey, no saying that now... Beethoven was Deaf. :)

* I have heard of some incidents where hearing people like myself only want deaf friends to practice ASL. Well, I do NOT want to do that. I genuinely want deaf friends. I'm interested in meeting new people. Not using them for practicing sign language. Thank you. :)

Wow, really? That just makes me sad and mad!
I am the same as you, just looking to meet some new people and genuinely wanting to make some deaf friends :)

Back