I'm going to the ER soon and I may be gone a few days.

There you are! I'm glad that you're taking good care of yourself. Hope that you're feeling better and continue to improve.

Thanks to beowolf, alleycat, reba, jillio, katerivera, OB, Tousi , shel90, deafbajagal jazzberry, botts, royale, csign, ldnanna, sunny signs, PFH, beclak, ajwsimth, daredevil, ash345, jabberjay, phllips and dixie who wished me well. I appreciate it. :D

I am glad you're feeling better. Do you have to stay off your feet for for awhile each day? Be sure to go to the doctor for a follow up appointment.

I am glad you're feeling better. Do you have to stay off your feet for for awhile each day? Be sure to go to the doctor for a follow up appointment.

I'll be seeing doctor next week on the 29th and I do have to keep my feet evaluated for a while everyday.

Yay! Glad you are ok! Whew!

chuckle, I got there around 8 pm and didn't see doc till 1 am and it was 3 am before they wheeled me to my room. I would have gone to wound clinic but by the time nurse got back to me it was after it closed so I had to go to ER.

Well, I think there should be a law or something where the ER must either admit you to the inpatient care or release you with treatment and a follow-up appointment within 3 hours.

A lot of the problem is that nurses often gaggle and gossip and really forget they have a patient in truama room 3. I think ER nurses need to make rounds every 30 minutes for stabilized patients and every 5-15 minutes for unstabilized patient. Unfortunately, there is no laws regarding something like this in Emergency Rooms.

I'm glad you're on the mend! :D

Well, I think there should be a law or something where the ER must either admit you to the inpatient care or release you with treatment and a follow-up appointment within 3 hours.

A lot of the problem is that nurses often gaggle and gossip and really forget they have a patient in truama room 3. I think ER nurses need to make rounds every 30 minutes for stabilized patients and every 5-15 minutes for unstabilized patient. Unfortunately, there is no laws regarding something like this in Emergency Rooms.

I'm glad you're on the mend! :D

I just think they need ot hurry it up lol but I agree that it need to take up less time.

Just got back and I just left the hospital. It was a case of cellulitis and a mild one so I was in hospital for only 2 nights.

The first time I got cellulitis, It nearly killed me and my doctor told me that if I had waited a day longer, I might have died from it. I had to stay in hospital for 2 week and I had to have rehab 2 weeks after that/

That's what my mom had only her's went to septicemia and that's where she almost died. Glad you were not that bad and glad to know you are better.

Just got back and I just left the hospital. It was a case of cellulitis and a mild one so I was in hospital for only 2 nights.

The first time I got cellulitis, It nearly killed me and my doctor told me that if I had waited a day longer, I might have died from it. I had to stay in hospital for 2 week and I had to have rehab 2 weeks after that/

I'm glad it was mild. Cellutlitis is nothing to mess around with; as you found out the first time around.

Keep us updated on your progress! :hug:

That's what my mom had only her's went to septicemia and that's where she almost died. Glad you were not that bad and glad to know you are better.
Oooh, sep looks bad enough on a chicken. I can't imagine a person with it. :shock:

You mean it went septic? :shock: That sounds very serious. I'm glad she survived.

Oooh, sep looks bad enough on a chicken. I can't imagine a person with it. :shock:

You mean it went septic? :shock: That sounds very serious. I'm glad she survived.

We got it just as it was beginning to go septic. She had 3 surgeries to get it all and then after 4 weeks, had to get a skin graft. She has permanent scars and basically lost muscle and such in that leg. I still, after 3 years, deal with sores and blisters popping back up in it.

It all started with a skin abrasion on her left forearm, just below the elbow. She got then when she fell and broke her shoulder. The hospital treated the broken shoulder, but never looked at the abrasion. I took care of it after we got home from the hospital, but it was long enough and dirty enough to have started on it's journey through the blood stream.

We got it just as it was beginning to go septic. She had 3 surgeries to get it all and then after 4 weeks, had to get a skin graft. She has permanent scars and basically lost muscle and such in that leg. I still, after 3 years, deal with sores and blisters popping back up in it.

It all started with a skin abrasion on her left forearm, just below the elbow. She got then when she fell and broke her shoulder. The hospital treated the broken shoulder, but never looked at the abrasion. I took care of it after we got home from the hospital, but it was long enough and dirty enough to have started on it's journey through the blood stream.

Wow. I don't want to imagine the pain she went tru with this treatment. :hug:

I'm glad you are back and that you are doing okay. Take it easy, take your meds !!!

welcome back deafskeptic!

i'm so relieved to hear that you're okay.. please be careful and take good care of yourself. keep us updated about your progress!

:hug:

Back