Im beat.

sonocativo

Reaction score
Last night I got a call from my wife about our son at 1am. He was running 104 and screaming bloody murder at the top of his lungs, with severe pains in his right side from front to back and couldnt touch him, so I made the trek out, picked them up and went to the ER, thinking he had an appendix attack, after a bunch of testing, xrays, and ruling out this and that.... some pain meds and so on... turned out he had trapped gas, after a good tummy rumble and a massive fart, he was back to normal... didnt get back home until about an hour ago and Im tired. He is sick so he is still running temps between 99-101, but he is resting up and Im ready to follow suite.

Oh wow, I had trapped gas sometime and it was very painful.

Have seen people hit the floor with gas pains...maybe he needs more Fiber in his diet?

I've had pains and they kept telling me it was possibly gas. One day went to new doctor and when I explained what was happening. He sent me to get a sonogram scan to confirm what he thought it could be. Turns out it was my gallbladder and had it removed. I haven't had any pain like that since!

Poor thing!

Didn't he have some similar problem before where he had to be hospitalized?

Have seen people hit the floor with gas pains...maybe he needs more Fiber in his diet?

Fiber could worsen the gas because they have to ferment in intestine that producing a lot of gas.

The gas is fact of life for me and I have a lot of gas - many of them are painless with some painful gas that lasted like 5 minutes.

I've had pains and they kept telling me it was possibly gas. One day went to new doctor and when I explained what was happening. He sent me to get a sonogram scan to confirm what he thought it could be. Turns out it was my gallbladder and had it removed. I haven't had any pain like that since!

You are lucky about found what is wrong and fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, doctors haven't find about what is wrong and they diagnosed me with IBS and GERD combined so pain is part of my life. That's sucks.

He gets lots of it also a suppliment due to his tummy issues. Hopefully he will outgrow it, so far he has been going #2 regularly now. so looks like he is on his way to a full recovery.

yep had mine yanked as well.... was no fun !

Poor thing!

Didn't he have some similar problem before where he had to be hospitalized?
Yes, he couldnt have movements and gets all backed up, so they would clean him out and start over, his intestines would get stretched and until they shrunk down, he couldnt feel the urge to go... He is pretty regular now so hopefully he is outgrowing it, this recent bout was a trapped gas pocket, he finally farted and was good to go...lol but hes been sick so thats not helping much fighting a cold and high temps.

Did they find anything that caused his fever? Poor little guy. Glad he is feeling better and your able to get some sleep.

Did they find anything that caused his fever? Poor little guy. Glad he is feeling better and your able to get some sleep.
Basically the fever is from his cold, but the pain he had concerned us as it was extreme. He has a high tolerance to pain, doesnt complain to earaches...ect... but he was screaming bloody murder with his right side so we thought it was his appendix with the high fever.

well, again up all night with him, fever hitting 103, think it finally broke today, he woke in a pool of sweat, just soaked completely, temps back to normal and he is eating rinking now. Hopefully its over now.

Was a bit strange, he was talking in his sleep and even imagining things...lol

Fevers will do that. Also cause hallucinations.
Yep, he was reaching for stuff in the thin air...we kept asking him what he was doing, he was lost...lol He is finally resting well with the meds and temps are normal for now, so hope it broke and we can all get a good nights rest.

I would take him back to doc running 104 is not good,gas is painful but not send temp up like that more like infection.See how he goes but if it me Temp that high keep him tepid sponging,is he constipated if so remedy it little lactolose or picolix and yes America do have it.l

I would take him back to doc running 104 is not good,gas is painful but not send temp up like that more like infection.See how he goes but if it me Temp that high keep him tepid sponging,is he constipated if so remedy it little lactolose or picolix and yes America do have it.l
Nope, xray showed his belly was empty so not constipated at all. Still farting, and just started eating a little off and on. Temps have been normal since this afternoon, so looks like he will be ok.

Back