Im alive....

ptcallaghan

Reaction score
Yayyyy

Still pretty tired but not in too much pain.

The Dr said they got the electrode all the way in and he was hopeful that he was able to save at least some of my residual hearing.

I figure it is too soon to say on that front though....still very swollen but there might be something there.

Anyways I just wanted to say thanks for all the best wishes and I will post more later.

congrats on successful surgery but i recommend staying away from the computer for a day or two. it can trigger massive dizziness.

LOL bbaseballboy123, you always advise this
ptcallaghan: welcome to our world :)

Thanks again...

Ahh I dont take what Bebonang says (emoticons) with a grain of salt. She has made up her mind that CIs are not necessary....not everyone agrees with that. But she is entitled to her opinion..

As I was not helped by HAs, this was the logical next step... It is true I made my own decision based on the probable outcome of gaining some of my hearing back. I was not pushed or forced into a CI by any one but myself.

Having said that...even though Im still in a bit of pain, kinda like a recurring headache, I am looking forward to the switch-on in a few weeks...

Just keep moving forward....dont look back

Congrats on getting a CI! I hope that you will enjoy your implant once you get turned on. You might get overwhelmed by some noises when you are first turned on. I'm currently enjoying my new ear too :)

Don't listen to other people when they give negative comments about having a CI. It is not their decision, its yours. Its your life too. They should be able to move on and accept the fact that people will make decisions when it comes to having an implant. I mean you only live once, so why not take that risk? If the implant doesn't work for others, there are still other ways to communicate like ASL, texting, VP, writing letters, etc. Sometimes, there's a loophole. So, good luck with your new implant! stay strong through the pain! :)

May 12th is the big activation day....I believe it will be a very exciting but emotional day..

Luckily for me its been about 3 years that I have been losing the environmental sounds so hopefullly my brain will pick them back up fairly quickly...but of course I am going into this all with realistic expectations.

The worst sound I think will be my dogs flipping out when I get back from TO...may have to leave them with my rents for a day or so....they are noisy enough with my hearing where it is now.

LOL, my cat is driving me crazy now, even though I was hearing pretty good with my HA prior my implant but boy his meows are very high pitched and he is enjoying the meowing these days

Back