Illinois

silversoul

Reaction score
Hi, I guess I should type something here.

My name is Julie. My grandfather was HoH, my mentor was HoH and my little sister is HoH.

I'm fluent in ASL. I learned it in 4th grade. Majored in it in college, taught by 1 Deaf teacher and 1 HoH teacher. Graduated with A's.

I'm on here for advice for my 2nd grade sister. She is HoH.

I am not HoH myself so I can only advocate from a hearing perspective. I have my Deaf teachers, to aid me in advice but I would like many different opinions. I know those of you who have experience yourself could give me good advice.

Thank you for allowing me on here. I hope I will find information that will help Jaci have the best access to EQUAL communication I can get her.

welcome to alldeaf :) enjoy forums you, I am fluents ASL : I am Roles ASL teach help volunteer to people asl

Hi, I guess I should type something here.

My name is Julie. My grandfather was HoH, my mentor was HoH and my little sister is HoH.

I'm fluent in ASL. I learned it in 4th grade. Majored in it in college, taught by 1 Deaf teacher and 1 HoH teacher. Graduated with A's.

I'm on here for advice for my 2nd grade sister. She is HoH.

I am not HoH myself so I can only advocate from a hearing perspective. I have my Deaf teachers, to aid me in advice but I would like many different opinions. I know those of you who have experience yourself could give me good advice.

Thank you for allowing me on here. I hope I will find information that will help Jaci have the best access to EQUAL communication I can get her.
Your mentor for what?

My mentor in school. I have a couple of learning disorders and they paired me with my mentor (she was a teacher but continued to be my mentor for many years after she was my teacher).

Welcome to AD (AllDeaf) :wave:

Hope you find the information you're looking for. It's a large forum with loads of threads so it may take you a while! But don't give up as there's useful information here

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You will learn a lot about this forum. Just enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back