Iforce

athleticandy88

Reaction score
I'm 19, hard of hearing wears two hearing aids and I stopped by at a iforce service.. and so they were going to put me into an warehouse at Stanleys for honda/nissan car parts and all.. so Ive asked. what do i have to do or should do so i won't hurt myself by being punish for backing out of a warehouse if it doesnt work w/ the hearing surroundings and all. and she said well they take you through a tour and than you say yes or no i want the job. after you say yes and than you quit we'll have to terminate you. Woah woah?could this go to court if this happen? I never been in a warehouse yet so im not sure of noise surroundings. I dont wanna be in a place that is loud and all and not have a good safety environment you kno? but i have the Tour tomorrow at 2:00. and I dont honestly think they could hold it against me cause a Tour is a Tour, and if i actually work there it'll be a lot different and more things will happen so than that where the real truth will come.. what do guys think? Iforce already messing up? or what.. Cause if i can't do it due to the noise and my safety and than I get fired cause i didnt take their job that I said ok at? Isn't there a thing called "You never know what its like until you really try it?" well i guess that's not iforce motto..

:rl:

In hearing world, it's a tough life for deaf people. Take it or not.

yeah now im starting to really feel like total shit, i mean what can i do as a deaf hard of hearing person to have income? fastfood/customer services/phones doesnt work out well.. agh life isnt goin well for me. my 20th bday is on Tax day, i want to have a good life...

i went to stanleys today and it was so loud, i couldnt hear the tour guide and i got honked at my a forklift driver and couldnt hear it.. bad safety

I am a full-time graphic designer for a media giant. I do have an income. What I'm saying is that if there is something you want to do, set your mind to it and you may get there.

In hearing world, it's a tough life for deaf people. Take it or not.

Yeah, and we, the deaf people can make it tough for hearing world, too. They can take it or not. Make them to understand what it is like to feel " tough ". :)

Forklift should have a warning lights on the roof or attach on the back of cab. (either strobe or rotor lights) for your safety.

I suggest you contact your local Vocational Rehab office or Department of Rehabilitative Services. They have lots more experience helping deaf/hh people get jobs. They will know what your specific needs are as a HOH person and will help you get a job that is a good match to your skills. A regular staffing agency has maybe never worked with a deaf person before.

Back