If your brother or sister also wears...

martyns

Reaction score
hearing aids or a cochlear implant, is it made by the same company that made your equipment, and has there been a time when you have been wearing that made by different manufacturers? Have you ever wanted to wear equipment that has been made by theirs?

My brother grew up without wearing HAs..he hated them while I did. Now, he is getting new HAs but analog while mine is digital and it will be from a different company. He is getting them thru VR while I paid for mine out of my pocket.

My twin brother has always hated wearing aids and hasn't worn them for almost 10 years now, even though his loss is a little worse than mine. Lately, I've been trying to convince him to get some, even though they're not very helpful for understanding speech. They at least will give him better volume in some situations, but also, people will see them and not assume he is being rude or stupid or something when he doesn't answer them.

Alex and Shel...........encourage your sibs to try the new aids....the technology is amazing and some people have reported that they can hear amazingly well with the new HAs!

Back