If you...

DirtyOldMan

Reaction score
I wonder if it ever happened to some of you when you really invested your time and attention to type your post in here...

Something happened... Phone interruption, or disconnection...

You typed a good post, but lost it...

I was like :mad2:

Some of you computer whizs can revive what you have typed before the disconnection happened.

Can anyone bring it back again? If so, it'll save a great deal of time and investment of great minds to express to share with all of you!

I know that we can just type it up again, but I also know that it'll be a little different than expressing in original feeling or whatsoever?

That's what I do sometimes. If I type up a very long post or email, I will SELECT ALL then COPY before submitting it. If something happens and it doesn't go through, I can go back and simply PASTE it back in. I learned my lesson when I had that happen to me a few times. I would have a very long email and suddenly, Hotmail logged me out due to inactivity. I pressed the BACK button and it was gone! ARGH!

I know that feeling when I had 56k modem...it sure sucks big time! eh now Im on DSL whooo :fu: @ sucky 56k modem. :o

been there and done that.. till we got cable modem.. I havent lose my temper..
hehe.. :)

yeah, I hate 56k Modem, but I was found it out about cable modem in St. Johh's, Newfoundland. It was on sale. I was call right away to get damn cable mode. it was sso amazing to get high speed internet. it make me so comfortable so far. I use roadrunner since 1999 of May!! it is been a long tme

Originally posted by ~Heather~
I know that feeling when I had 56k modem...it sure sucks big time! eh now Im on DSL whooo :fu: @ sucky 56k modem. :o
Yep. have DSL and road runner

Dom, I would feel the same as you do.. Just like my dad. But the dial up connection-- needs to change the setting.. to prevent from disconnect. My own computer...I never had any problem.

When the computer crashed... ofc... it would get me start to frustrate and start it all over again.. like my english homework.. I typed like 3 pages.. without any save.. when it crashed.. I re-typed it again.. Also when I copy and paste in compose (hotmail) and it went crashed and i decided to put it aside.. and worry about it later.

When I make a phone call (ip-relay call) It got me so frustrated there are some reasons why i dont like relay call but i had to if its important to call.. when rep disconnects it if it is not done.. or phone line disconnect..

Heather- I know that feeling when I had 56k modem...it sure sucks big time! eh now Im on DSL whooo @ sucky 56k modem.

What does it has do with DSL.. it has the same problem as 56k because they are the same problem! When the phone line disconnect.. they will always to re-connect or switch to other phone number to dial it to connect.

Mmm...Imagine me coming from a weekend with 9 pages of new threads.

I start making some posts..then suddenly my computer reboots...I notice that the lights went off too...Argh..

Now I'm checking different sections trying to find those that I haven't read yet.. :(

I'm considered a computer whiz creator...however, my skills still don't help me being able to retrieve what I typed a 1,000 character post right before the reboot. :(

Ah that sucks to be YOU.

Whenever it happens.. I assume i d have to say .. that's life.. we would have to start all over again if neccessary.. if not we may just move on... do something else without feel any stress over a lil thing.

Originally posted by eternity
Dom, I would feel the same as you do.. Just like my dad. But the dial up connection-- needs to change the setting.. to prevent from disconnect. My own computer...I never had any problem.

When the computer crashed... ofc... it would get me start to frustrate and start it all over again.. like my english homework.. I typed like 3 pages.. without any save.. when it crashed.. I re-typed it again.. Also when I copy and paste in compose (hotmail) and it went crashed and i decided to put it aside.. and worry about it later.

When I make a phone call (ip-relay call) It got me so frustrated there are some reasons why i dont like relay call but i had to if its important to call.. when rep disconnects it if it is not done.. or phone line disconnect..

What does it has do with DSL.. it has the same problem as 56k because they are the same problem! When the phone line disconnect.. they will always to re-connect or switch to other phone number to dial it to connect.

wtf? You know what...DSL rarely down and it doesn't disconnect on me only when it goes down. Its not the same as 56k. I had DSL since uh december, no problems with it so far...Its better & faster than 56k, no disconnection/interruptions, just been down twice I think so far...so that aint bad! Stop act like you know EVERYTHING! please

i dont have a problem with the disconnected line. i have this ADSL since feb 1999.

edit:

sometimes it can happen when the website gets freezed or lost. it is not the line's fault.

Last edited:
Back