If you would say that listening to music is one of your hobbies or interests...

martyns

Reaction score
Do you (a) wear headphones on top of your hearing aids/cochlear implant (s) all the time you listen to music; (b) headphones on top of your hearing aids/cochlear implant (s) some of the time you listen to music; (c) just wear headphones when you listen to music or (d) just wear your hearing aids/cochlear implant (s) when you listen to music? Or do you have a different way of listening to music?

I just crank up the volume to shake the house and sing along. I listen to classic rock and I already know all of the words. lol

I use direct audio input with my I Pod. With normal earphones, and no HAs, all I can hear, even on full volume, is dull and distance bass sounds.

Wirelessly posted

On ppc music player, I use a direct connection to CI, or with stereo or bass rig, I kick the walls down! :thumb:

I wear my hearing aids and plug my loop into whatever I am listening to, laptop, ipod etc.

Most of the time, I just wear headphones over my CI. I'll use them for my MP3 player, the laptop at work and mine at home. Sometimes, I will just listen to internet radio of the desktop and turn the volume up (not that loud) without the headphones.

Right now I do C) just use headphones. I'd use a stereo, but the quality isn't as clear as it is when I wear headphones.

I like to listen to music and I don't use headphones. When I still wore my HA I would put the headphone over the mircophone on my HA even though it caused the sound to leak and annoy hearing around me. I lost my headphone for my CI..

I have a music program on my aids. I would think that headphones either over the aids or without the aids is just asking for trouble.

I bought some earhooks, to try with my I Pod, but they don't work very well. I can't get them to sit in the right place besides the t-coils on my HAs. Only seems to work if I constantly hold them in place, which obviously isn't convenient. These are just straightforward hook shaped things, are Hatis silhouettes better? If so, does anyone know if you can get them in the UK!

I just noticed on the link you gave above that you have to phone the company for orders from outside the US. A bit useless if you're deaf! You'd think a company supplying goods for the Deaf and hard of hearing would know better!

i plug in my smartlink in computer,tv or ipod and listen that way

Last edited:
Do you (a) wear headphones on top of your hearing aids/cochlear implant (s) all the time you listen to music; (b) headphones on top of your hearing aids/cochlear implant (s) some of the time you listen to music; (c) just wear headphones when you listen to music or (d) just wear your hearing aids/cochlear implant (s) when you listen to music? Or do you have a different way of listening to music?

I either listen to music coming out of my computer speaker with my cochlear implant, or I plug my mp3 player into my cochlear implant speech processor. I don't use headphones at all.

Welcome I don't know if they sell to those overseas but you could try contacting them.

Thanks for the link, I might investigate whether they ship abroad.

I am a nurse and these might also be useful to use with my amplified stethoscope, at the moment I connect the stethoscope to my Smartlink, but that's not always convenient if you're not wearing the fm receivers already on your HAs. Patients don't always like waiting for you to fiddle around with your HAs while they are anxiously waiting to have their blood pressure checked.

Back