If you won a Mega Millions Lottery....

the house above ^^^ ... I can dream... :naughty: rather than actually living there and cleaning.

getty, yikes. . .sheesh.

banjo, how come? screw up big time if don't sign the ticket?? I think I would anyway so I could sell it and get more money! :lol:

Here in Indiana they can respect your privacy if one wins the lottery.

Yiz

This house looks nice but too big for my taste and more hardworking at home, you have let your wife to be housewife and take care of kids and clean the house at same time, hehe.

If you got mega millions, the wife could just stay home and supervise the maid!

She wouldn't need to clean it herself. :lol:

Hmm, no, I haven't. Were the threats and harassment coming from family members and friends? I don't think I know anyone who would be like that to me, but if I did, I'd certainly keep it secret from them... and maybe ask Jiro for advice on buying a gun! :eek3:

with that amount of money you win - you're better off hiring bodyguards and getting expensive home security system. Or you can live at gated community with armed security guard. or... live in gun-toting neighborhood :D

banjo, how come? screw up big time if don't sign the ticket?? I think I would anyway so I could sell it and get more money! :lol:

It's to prevent theft and it's the proof that you did buy it.

i would won lottery i can deposit to bank simple!! Than kept private no way tell anyone dont thanks for that!!

if i kept my own money i cant tell my parents nor my family but i wont wanted my brother begged for money if i give him like $1.00 HA!

I never buy lottery tickets since it's a game of chance and I'm against that for religious reasons (yes, I'm a weird one), but if for some remote possibility that I won a mega millions of dollars, I would keep it as secret as possible. I would tell current household members, but not one of my brothers. He's a "moocher" of the biggest variety. Constantly begging for something with nothing in return. But, since I don't see it as a possibility, I will make do with what I have and that ain't much.

i would won lottery i can deposit to bank simple!! Than kept private no way tell anyone dont thanks for that!!

if i kept my own money i cant tell my parents nor my family but i wont wanted my brother begged for money if i give him like $1.00 HA!

Be careful with the banks...some bank tellers would sell your privacy for some money themselves.

Keep it very private. I would give my evil boss some just to see if she could be happy. I would then turn on my heel and leave that job sooo fast. I would sell my home or give it to my kids, grab my goodies (like my excellent husband and pets) and move into a sturdy home with clean water, solar cells, and a bit of land for a nice garden. If my kids needed something, I would help them to acquire it. I might also go travel to meet my favorite online friends. Ohio, Canada, Houston and Florida come to mind. lol BTW, Kokonut, that is a nice cabin and a cool dream.

How would you keep it from the news on TV, they seen to have a way knowing the when a person win the lottery and getting the person name.

This house looks nice but too big for my taste and more hardworking at home, you have let your wife to be housewife and take care of kids and clean the house at same time, hehe.

I like that house, but I would it to be smaller. I love log cabins

Be careful with the banks...some bank tellers would sell your privacy for some money themselves.

quite possible but so unlikely because it's traceable. The computer system keeps record of which employee is handling/viewing which account. And usually - the people who won millions of dollars do not use "common banks" like Bank of America. There are specific banking service that handles only large accounts.

I would keep it as private as I could. But it wouldn't last long cause I would bankroll 4 companies that my friends and family want to start up.

First of all, I will change my phone number before I tell my family. All the lottery winners in Canada must come out in public so that is why I change my phone number in order to prevent being begged and asked for money from the public.

Seriously? Why do the lottery winners have to come out in the public?

In Australia, winners have the choice to come out or remain anonymous. There have been several big winners in past year and none of them came out with their names or where they live. The info will be vague.

Australia changed the way they handled the winners of lotteries because of what happened to poor Graeme Thorne in the 60's. Graeme Thorne

If I won the big lotto. I'd keep it quiet and confide in at least two family members. And do things with the money anonymously.

I would stay private and give every last red cent to families that were destroyed by the Gulf Oil spill.

Id be private about it, but i'd be busy donating so either way i'd have attention.

You could still donate privately. I would guess that depends on the amount of money being donated and with the instruction that your name not be used.

would you want to be on the news, tell as many people or keep it as private as you can?

Ha Ha...I'll bet many of you thought this thread would be about..what would you do with the money.

No, this thread is about publicity...

would you want to be on the front page news or not tell people?'

I would request that I would not be subjected to accepting the check publicity and then I would sit down with my hubby and discuss who we would tell.

I wouldnt tell my closest friends, some family members and definitely not my co-workers.

I may just tell my mom and my hubby only. I wouldnt even tell my daughter for fear she would tell my ex hubby.

The reason for this is that I witnessed what fame did to my uncle and how fans chased after him while he was having a simple lunch with me. I was terrified..plus I dont want people hitting me up for money. The money is mine, not yours. Sorry.
What about you?

I would just use a nickname or false name if anyone questioned who I was, that way I don't have to deal with avoiding people and being private.
For dealing with the transaction and bank, etc, only legal way is to use the real name.

I tend to keep my mouth shut on bragging things as a personality habit in real life unless it's a necessary situation that needs to be known. My parents would know though. Guess it's just how I grew up.

Have no problem with donating some. Deaf technologies, prelim university level research, all that jazz.

Back