If you were me, Would you report ?

If you pay in too much, or too much is withheld in your state and federal income taxes, then you can get back some of your own money when you file your taxes. Some people get some back, some don't, and some pay additional taxes. But when you get back your refund, that is your money that the government used, interest free, for that year. They keep the interest, and you don't get that with your refund.

Right, I knew that. ;)

The SS money that is deducted from your pay check this week goes to pay someone else's SS benefits next month. There is no SS money pot with Cheri's name on it, holding your money (plus interest) until you retire. When you retire, your retirement money will depend on how many people are working and contributing after you retire.

If our population of young workers is smaller than the population of retirees, then something has to happen. Here are the possibilities:

1. each worker will have to have a higher percentage of pay deducted

2. workers will have to postpone retiring until an older age

3. retirees will get smaller pensions

Or it could be a combination of all of the above.

Already retirement age has been postponed for future recipients.

Thanks!! that's something I never knew. ;)

You cannot feel bad for reporting. These children are not age enough to take care of themselves. I am former foster parent of Deaf child. We have to look out for children whose parents neglect them. In my state you can report Anymously.

Good luck to you.
ilysmilie.gif

yes, that is correct Reba...

I see my pay sub. They deduct medicare, retirement pension and TSP out from my paycheck. Plus Federal and State taxes, those money go to welfare and social security, etc...

They collect SSDI or SSI, they don't have any retirement saving as pension. The children reach 18 years old or college 22 years old. The parents will get more less amount of the SSDI when the children reach 18 years old.

That is why, it piss me off because the parents do not spend anything on their children (their social security checks) buy clothes, camp program or events like sports. The parents spend the money on car loan, cruise and travel expense on IBO business.

Children are more propriety than parents !

I watched the Freedom Deaf Cruise, I do know 8 people on the VLOG. I said, whoa wait a minute, those people are in good health and time on Deaf Cruise, they collect SSDI. Should I be happy for them go away on cruise using our Taxes deduct out of our paychecks? Oh they have other medical issues. Oh yeah, they can't hear due to Deaf. Oh I am so sorry, they can't find the jobs. They went to Deaf Cruise for 7 days using Government money.

We all of us are suffered to work very hard to pay those good healthy Deaf people going away on vacation. Should I happy for them?

You have good points and it made me think.

my main focus of my original rant post was for those who are collecting SS checks from the gov't everymonth and simply not paying the bills but yet are going on these lavish vacations and buying new vehicles, and it simply isnt right that Im slaving away in the chicken plant and I dont even make enough to live on my own with my current paycheck.

There are people on SS who continually gripe and complain about the meager checks but yet they have cable TV, new cars, making housepayments they cant afford in the long run, and everytime you see them - they have new clothes, dont even get me started on those who collect SS, are perfectly able bodied but do nothing except sit in front of the computer all day and tippy-type - instead of looking for work.

As I said once before - disability was originally established as a temporary help to those who needed to bring money into the home through a time of disability such as a critical illness or a serious injury that required several months of recovery such as a back injury. It was a temporary help to get you through the lean times and you were expected to return to work in less than a year in most cases.

I dont look kindly to those people who are scamming the system to get 'free' money. Money is not free and it certaintly does not fall off trees like the leaves do. I once knew of a person that was unable to keep a job for no longer than 3-4 months at a time and they were so down on themselves that they told me that they would just go collect disability and/or welfare to scratch out a living. I almost shot coke out of my nose - I told this person - uh no when you collect disability and/or welfare - the rest of the working population scratch out a living for you.

Now for those who are GENUINELY disabled meaning you are blind, deafblind, ALS, Advanced MS/MD, cancer, etc. I really do feel for you - but instead of getting mad and upset at my post - you should be getting mad and upset at those who are filing false claims of disability meaning when divided up - everyone gets less, including those who genuinely need the help. And it really does suck for all of us in the long run.

All Im saying is - if your getting financial help from the gov't and you are outright REFUSING to pay the necessary bills, refusing to provide for any minors living in your care, just so you can go on a 7 day cruise - I think I would WANT the gov't monitoring your expenses to make sure my tax dollars are actually being used as intended.

She rang the door bell last Saturday. I did not answer the door because I do not feel very comfortable to talk or see her. She paged me and told me how much she was upset because we are not friends anymore. She also called my son on his cell phone and also called other Deaf friends on vp to try convience me to talk with her.

I did not answer on my page and vp to her.

She has that kid with her when I saw them at the door outside window.

She rang the door bell last Saturday. I did not answer the door because I do not feel very comfortable to talk or see her. She paged me and told me how much she was upset because we are not friends anymore. She also called my son on his cell phone and also called other Deaf friends on vp to try convience me to talk with her.

You are better off staying away from her.

Same here. I wouldnt even talk to the woman again after what she did to her children and decieved you into feeling sorry for her, when really she and her husband were the cause for the whole situation!

Same here. I wouldnt even talk to the woman again after what she did to her children and decieved you into feeling sorry for her, when really she and her husband were the cause for the whole situation!

She was pushing around people who involved this situation. She wanted to know who start to call DSS, School or police. I did not answer all of her questions. She needs to discuss those issues directly with her social worker.

We are back off.

She was pushing around people who involved this situation. She wanted to know who start to call DSS, School or police. I did not answer all of her questions. She needs to discuss those issues directly with her social worker.

We are back off.

You are absolutely right. Those are issues she needs to discuss with the social worker. It is out of your hands now.

U mean she got her own kids back??? :eek3:

Guess that Did She knew it's you??? because she was with kids. Maybe they told her that Kalista did show up kid's house? :dunno2:

but Still She cannot leave her kids in the house without electric and heat anyway so not worry about her ;)

I reread what she wrote so I dont think she has her own children back but rather called Kalista's son in order to try and make contact with Kalista. (Bad move on the woman's part - never drag more people into the mud with you - especially family members of the person you are having a disagreement with- it doesnt come out pretty for either party.)

It is best to steer clear of this woman and if she contacts you, tell her you have no reason to speak to her and all enquiries should be directed at her social worker- not you. The safety of the children are much more important than the 'friendship' in this case.

Back