If you were me, Would you report ?

Also, I take it hard time to understand about son who has asthma. Really, electricity focus on those people who are in deep health problem. but as for myself when I was younger, I had bad asthma and was in bad storm. We had no electricity for 4 days and I don't have any problem with asthma because I have inhaler. But when I read the story about Elderly woman in the house. She appeared to be fine, no bedridden, machine to keep her alive, and stuff like that. Really, I smell rotten fish in this story.:squint:

That makes me piss off because those coupes had a wonderful time on the Deaf cruise. Why do the electricity and oil companies feel sorry for the family to prevent shut off the electricity and heat.

Look at other eldery people who are severe sick condition. They do not feel sorry for eldery people. I have seen how means they are to the eldery people.

They are on secison 8, special program to using the phone, electricity and heat... How could the government allow them spend on thousand dollars for the cruise and travel expense for IBO business? Using children's SSDI money.. etc...

I have enough to talk about this, it makes my stomach sick to spend alot of taxes thousand dollars to forigen, drugs/drink parents, sex with bunches of fathers (alot of children), etc... They are fucking lazy!

Also, I take it hard time to understand about son who has asthma. Really, electricity focus on those people who are in deep health problem. but as for myself when I was younger, I had bad asthma and was in bad storm. We had no electricity for 4 days and I don't have any problem with asthma because I have inhaler. But when I read the story about Elderly woman in the house. She appeared to be fine, no bedridden, machine to keep her alive, and stuff like that. Really, I smell rotten fish in this story.:squint:

I don't understand this situation with this family. I just want to focus on my own family and life. It is not worth to worry or talk about this family. It makes me so furious and sick to my stomach. I am so fed up to see they take alot of advantage of government money. They feel sorry for them.

Sorry to make you upset. Why don't we just go and grab cup of tea :cheers: and we eat a lot of cake and cookies.

Let me say that. You are right----- they don't deserve that but oh well..

Sorry to make you upset. Why don't we just go and grab cup of tea :cheers: and we eat a lot of cake and cookies.

Let me say that. You are right----- they don't deserve that but oh well..

That would be a nice. ;)

I don't understand this situation with this family. I just want to focus on my own family and life. It is not worth to worry or talk about this family. It makes me so furious and sick to my stomach. I am so fed up to see they take alot of advantage of government money. They feel sorry for them.

Yes I don't blame you for that.

I think to prevent this kind of thing from happening is for those who are on SSDI, a copy of their bills are sent to their local SSA office, when a bill becomes delinquent the SSA is notified and they send out the case worker and a financial advisor to sit down with the recipient and discuss about why the bill is unpaid. Is the family planning a vacation soon and are getting behind on bills in order to go on vacation? Are they not budgeting well enough? Are their unforseen medical bills coming in and new payment arrangements need to be made?

Whatever the cause the whole point of the first visit is to sit down go through the households monthly expenses, take into account all the money earned from part time jobs and what not and say OK - maybe you dont need to go on this vacation right now - perhaps you can plan for it at a later date when you are more able to afford it financially meaning all bills are paid and on time. If theyve accquired a new pet - perhaps they should take serious reconsideration to their circumstances and return the pet to the shelter or breeder. If there are medical bills coming in then perhaps it is time to go to the hospital and explain to them the financial situation and ask to set up a payment plan where you pay less per month but for an extended period of time.

If they have recently purchased a new vehicle perhaps they should return the vehicle and ask for something more affordable payment wise as well as gas wise. Or if they live an area with public transportation - they dont need a vehicle altogether.

If necessary cut out whatever services are not deemed necessary for a comfortable sustained life. For example - Satellite TV has to be shut off, Internet - gone - kids can go to the library to use the internet for homework. Cell phones - service shut off - the phone can still be used for 911 though. Buying name brand clothes - tell em' no more shopping until bills are paid and even then consider purchasing from Wal-Mart.

Tell them if they have to - have a garage sale to come up with some money.

If the bills are delinquent a 2nd time - the gov't steps in for good and directs their SSI checks directly to the utilities each month and whatever is left is what the family is sent.

This way they cant overspend on luxuries and they are forced to pay the bills first and foremost.

does anyone else think this is to strict of an idea? Or do you think this might actually help correct those who just plain dont pay the utilities.

I think to prevent this kind of thing from happening is for those who are on SSDI, a copy of their bills are sent to their local SSA office, when a bill becomes delinquent the SSA is notified and they send out the case worker and a financial advisor to sit down with the recipient and discuss about why the bill is unpaid. Is the family planning a vacation soon and are getting behind on bills in order to go on vacation? Are they not budgeting well enough? Are their unforseen medical bills coming in and new payment arrangements need to be made?

Whatever the cause the whole point of the first visit is to sit down go through the households monthly expenses, take into account all the money earned from part time jobs and what not and say OK - maybe you dont need to go on this vacation right now - perhaps you can plan for it at a later date when you are more able to afford it financially meaning all bills are paid and on time. If theyve accquired a new pet - perhaps they should take serious reconsideration to their circumstances and return the pet to the shelter or breeder. If there are medical bills coming in then perhaps it is time to go to the hospital and explain to them the financial situation and ask to set up a payment plan where you pay less per month but for an extended period of time.

If they have recently purchased a new vehicle perhaps they should return the vehicle and ask for something more affordable payment wise as well as gas wise. Or if they live an area with public transportation - they dont need a vehicle altogether.

If necessary cut out whatever services are not deemed necessary for a comfortable sustained life. For example - Satellite TV has to be shut off, Internet - gone - kids can go to the library to use the internet for homework. Cell phones - service shut off - the phone can still be used for 911 though. Buying name brand clothes - tell em' no more shopping until bills are paid and even then consider purchasing from Wal-Mart.

If the bills are delinquent a 2nd time - the gov't steps in for good and directs their SSI checks directly to the utilities each month and whatever is left is what the family is sent.

This way they cant overspend on luxuries and they are forced to pay the bills first and foremost.

does anyone else think this is to strict of an idea? Or do you think this might actually help correct those who just plain dont pay the utilities.

I think that this is a great solution.

I think that this is a great solution.

I am not sure how the government control other people's spend money on their SSDI or SSI. We have no control over thousand people who are cheating on their welfare, food stamps, etc... I have seen forigen people live with American girlfriend or boyfriend using the government money. Their green card are expired. There is nothing else, we can do about it.

I am not sure how the government control other people's spend money on their SSDI or SSI. We have no control over thousand people who are cheating on their welfare, food stamps, etc... I have seen forigen people live with American girlfriend or boyfriend using the government money. Their green card are expired. There is nothing else, we can do about it.
Good point. If we could eliminate all the cheating, fraud, waste, and abuse in the Social Security system, we would probably have enough money to support the genuine recipients without increasing taxes.

It's not really hard to find out how much the people depend on SSDI or SSI and can find out thru data protection how much they tried to abuse SSDI or SSI thru passport number or social number?

Dixie,

While I understand why you are posting this. Let me ask you how you would feel having someone control your finances? And telling you what you can or cant spend it on.

Sometimes, SSDI and SSI checks are not enough to cover all monthly expenses. Is the government gonna give more to do so? And besides sometimes there are expenses that cannot be moved around, maybe you dont qualify for a medicaid card. So therefore, you may have meds you have to pay for or die. Simple as that sometimes. Its not all black and white.

And I for sure would not like giving the government more control over my life than they already have. Besides, my bills are my business and no one elses.

:confused: Dixie?

Are we really free in the USA or what? we don't need the government take control all that we do the way we live our lives should be our own personal business not under the control of government. If you want SSDI/SSA have the control over their finances, then we should do the same to those working people at their jobs, have access to their paychecks and pay their utilities first and whatever expense are left over, then would go to all the employees. How would that make anyone feels that the payroll department has the control over your money the money you worked and earned?

the point is it's nobody's business to tell we the people what we can and can not do and should be forced to stay out of our lives once and for all.

People makes mistakes even those working people have had their utilities disconnected and reconnected, even those working people get financial helps such as loans if they are not getting enough to pay their utilities and how often those who are on SDDI/SSA can get loans?

I'm with bear with her point on how SSDI and SSI checks are not enough to cover all monthly expenses. Give those people a break, they're just human beings.

Cheri, maybe those folks Dixie's talking about are going on a cruise! Lol!

From my understanding - what Dixie's point of view. A lot of fraud clients collect SSI and SSDI checks from the government (include HUD, Session 8, food stamps, etc...) Those people do not want to bother to look for full time jobs instead of collect money from the government.

Dixie would like the government investigation on those people who collect SSDI, SSI or SSA to see what they do spend every month? Drugs, drink, vacation, etc… They are NOT working….

Why would those people sit around to do nothing everyday? Their children go school full time. Why can't those parent go back to work, it will save million tax payer’s money? Alot of boyfriends, girlfriends or partners won't marry because they want to collect more money from the Government money and live under HUD, medical care, utilities support (from the state). I do not know what it calls. But anyway... It makes me very furious at alot of Deaf people take alot of advantage of government.

They want to feel sorry themselves because they are Deaf. That is why, many company won't hire Deaf people due to bad reputation. They look down at us because we are Deaf as disability.

I do not consider disability or handicap myself. I just can't hear and speak. I can do anything; I do not feel pity myself. I work two jobs for five years to support myself and sons.

Why why Deaf people want to stay home to collect SSDI because they can't find the jobs. Oh come on please...

Look at those Deaf people go to the cruise to using our taxes paying... Why do I pay them go to the cruise to having a fun!! Yeah right...

Tell me about it !!

Why would those people sit around to do nothing everyday? Their children go school full time. Why can't those parent go back to work, it will save million tax payer’s money? !

You or anyone don't know their reasons why they're on ssdi/ssa, it could be medical purpose, it doesn't give anyone a right to judge those who are on ssa/sddi, only a small amount of percent is deducted from your paycheck that goes to the social security, some of that money will immediately go back to us out as benefits to retirees. I rather to help people instead of being greedy.

... only a small amount of percent is deducted from your paycheck that goes to the social security, some of that money will immediately go back to us out as benefits to retirees. ...
Actually, no. None of the money that is taken from our pay checks now will be used for our future retirement payments. You will never see that money again. The only way your (and my) Social Security retirement will be funded will be from the paychecks of future workers, if there are enough of them.

The money that is deducted now is used to pay SS, SSI, and SSDI payments now. Nothing is saved for your future retirement.

Actually, no. None of the money that is taken from our pay checks now will be used for our future retirement payments. You will never see that money again. The only way your (and my) Social Security retirement will be funded will be from the paychecks of future workers, if there are enough of them.

The money that is deducted now is used to pay SS, SSI, and SSDI payments now. Nothing is saved for your future retirement.

Oh!! I just thought because with state and federal government taxes you get some money back when you filed your income taxes and that social secuirty has some specific trust funds to save to those who retires. :dunno: this is what I thought. Lol.

Oh!! I just thought because with state and federal government taxes you get some money back when you filed your income taxes
If you pay in too much, or too much is withheld in your state and federal income taxes, then you can get back some of your own money when you file your taxes. Some people get some back, some don't, and some pay additional taxes. But when you get back your refund, that is your money that the government used, interest free, for that year. They keep the interest, and you don't get that with your refund.

...and that social secuirty has some specific trust funds to save to those who retires. :dunno: this is what I thought. Lol.
The SS money that is deducted from your pay check this week goes to pay someone else's SS benefits next month. There is no SS money pot with Cheri's name on it, holding your money (plus interest) until you retire. When you retire, your retirement money will depend on how many people are working and contributing after you retire.

If our population of young workers is smaller than the population of retirees, then something has to happen. Here are the possibilities:

1. each worker will have to have a higher percentage of pay deducted

2. workers will have to postpone retiring until an older age

3. retirees will get smaller pensions

Or it could be a combination of all of the above.

Already retirement age has been postponed for future recipients.

yes, that is correct Reba...

I see my pay sub. They deduct medicare, retirement pension and TSP out from my paycheck. Plus Federal and State taxes, those money go to welfare and social security, etc...

They collect SSDI or SSI, they don't have any retirement saving as pension. The children reach 18 years old or college 22 years old. The parents will get more less amount of the SSDI when the children reach 18 years old.

That is why, it piss me off because the parents do not spend anything on their children (their social security checks) buy clothes, camp program or events like sports. The parents spend the money on car loan, cruise and travel expense on IBO business.

Children are more propriety than parents !

I watched the Freedom Deaf Cruise, I do know 8 people on the VLOG. I said, whoa wait a minute, those people are in good health and time on Deaf Cruise, they collect SSDI. Should I be happy for them go away on cruise using our Taxes deduct out of our paychecks? Oh they have other medical issues. Oh yeah, they can't hear due to Deaf. Oh I am so sorry, they can't find the jobs. They went to Deaf Cruise for 7 days using Government money.

We all of us are suffered to work very hard to pay those good healthy Deaf people going away on vacation. Should I happy for them?

Back