If you were going to redesign this site what would you do?

the only thing i didnt like is when u read a bio it's super long and it cuts in and out when u try to read the profiles on the main page...other than that great looking site *thumbs up*

the only thing i didnt like is when u read a bio it's super long and it cuts in and out when u try to read the profiles on the main page...other than that great looking site *thumbs up*

Thanks for your comment. I will inform my husband who works on that. Maybe he can come up with something that might make it easier to read the bios.

:ty:

Thank you. I posted on that link you supplied.

One main goal we had was to make the website feel more cohesive and iconic. We are incorporating more iconic graphics to make it feel more comfortable and easy to navigate. It's a work in progress but it's getting better.

My husband is not a web designer but has managed to teach himself a thing or two about it. He's getting better but he's not a pro. Eventually we will have the whole website re-done by a professional but that is not going to be anytime in the near future. For now, we are relying on my hubby's skills and I think we'll be ok. :ty:

So you know what meta tags are missing and which need to be supplied?

A professional graphic designer will make your site prettier, but it is the background optimization that gets you traffic.

We are incorporating more iconic graphics to make it feel more comfortable and easy to navigate.
It is comfortable on the eyes and has a nice look and feel. However, please keep in mind that there really is nothing to navigate through right now.

I do hope that more clear content is added to build more trust.

And again, the domain deafcareer.com, which is a significant part of any website, implies a career for the Deaf.

Also this type of mlm rarely results in a career for any one for more than a few months to a good year or two, and if they are in the top lucky 7% to keep going longer.

This means the domain name/url is misleading. Of course that is up to you to take which advices that you like.

But again, it's all in honesty.

If you keep changing your homepage over and over adding a bit of info here or there or famous quotes from Marlee Matlin, etc, it still doesn't increase the trust. LOL, we are Deaf. Most of us know what Marlee is quoted for saying already. :D

If Marlee Matlin had been quoted saying "Lifemark is the best company on earth that helps Deaf". . . I totally see the purpose of adding her quote(s).

So back to homepage (and really only page) - Google and other SEs see you changing the 'content' so much, and they stop taking your site seriously.

Hopefully on your next revision, you can truly follow the most significant advices that other Deaf have given and then you don't have to tweak your website so much.

Your website design is perfectly fine. No need to keep on tweaking that. :)

Now it's time to avoid the blind marketing and let Deaf know what they are about to attempt to partake.

If you'd put clear information on the site in the first place, you'd probably find way less editing
happenstances.

Since content is the main problem, hiring a professional web designer isn't necessary. You would have to provide the designer with your content anyway, so you might as well do it yourself. The designer can improve the "mechanics" of your site but only you can provide the content.

And again, the domain deafcareer.com, which is a significant part of any website, implies a career for the Deaf.

Also this type of mlm rarely results in a career for any one for more than a few months to a good year or two, and if they are in the top lucky 7% to keep going longer.

This means the domain name/url is misleading. Of course that is up to you to take which advices that you like.

DeafTJ,

Thanks for your comments!

:ty::ty:

Back