If you were given the chance to start any career

that great shame,good wood furniture sheer craftmanship.A carpenter in my son village rebuilt my son house from scratch clever
it just something i would choose for myself is wood..
In wales they have these things called love spoons made of wood, friend of ours saw a market in carving them,he multi millianair now

Oh there is still money to be made but unless you really enjoyed i might not recomend it.

I am going to be going to school to be an animal groomer. I find it relaxing to be around animals. Plus, all the loud noises that do go on.. well, they don't bother m at all! (Hahahaha!)

Are you salary right now? I'll never be salary again, they work you to death for the same pay. I don't mind putting in the hours as long as I get paid for it.

Yes I am unfortunately salary working 50-60 hours a week currently.

I would love to start an interior designing career.

I d like to start to study Deaf Studies and teaching ASL, presentation about interpretor and Certified Deaf interpreter issues.

I would love to start an interior designing career.

I've been told there is lots of work in this right now as people are opting to redesign their homes instead of completely remodeling or building new

I've been told there is lots of work in this right now as people are opting to redesign their homes instead of completely remodeling or building new

problem is I would have to go back to school and I already have 2 degrees and a student loan to pay off. gggrrr

What would you choose based on being HOH or Deaf? I am asking because I am being given a very rare opportunity to change careers for free. I need ideas for careers that a HOH or Deaf person can grow with please. I am currently in information technology but find it increasingly more difficult to reliably be on call and communicate anymore.

Change into development or QA were you don't have to be on call anymore. There is a lot of room to move around in software. You need a position that fits your condition.

problem is I would have to go back to school and I already have 2 degrees and a student loan to pay off. gggrrr

Build a strong portfolio. A degree might give you some edge starting off but your results in the real world are what counts.

I want to be an engineer.... it looks like a fun job!

Build a strong portfolio. A degree might give you some edge starting off but your results in the real world are what counts.

My 2 degrees are not related to interior designing at all. However, it is the cost of going back to school that I can't afford. My husband just started his college journey for the first time ever.I have a first semester freshman on my hands. Lol

yeah..it would be, I remembered fondly of the days when I used to want to make my own custom 'expansion chamber' for a 2 stroke motocross race bike, to get more top end... i sadly drifted away from welding, machining those were the days, and i was a test rider for each time the MX track was graded..I absolutely loved it...

engineering is all sorts of thing...it can be chemical engineering, biological engineering, (most common ones are 'genetic scientists as often distorted in horror or spy movies)..manufacturing engineer, aircraft engineer, diesel, locomotives, electrical, nuclear, it goes on...
even plastic engineering and abound...

what kind of engineering?

the sad part about being an engineer is that majority of time is being spent on paperworks for proposals, money, and permits unless you want to be a drone :(

EcPE (Electrical & Computer) & AOE (Aerospace & Ocean) engineers are SOLA because of frequent government budget cuts all over the places. defense sector is no longer a golden dream like in old time. it is pretty common to be in the middle of project and then have it shut down suddenly by higher up.

Civil & Mechanical Engineering are relatively better but still tough. As long as you prove your worth in gold... your future's pretty much set. I think this kind of engineering is the most fun of all.

Chemical, Biological, and Industrial & System Engineering are relatively hot fields now but you'd have to be a socially-inept type to be one :lol:

yeah..it would be, I remembered fondly of the days when I used to want to make my own custom 'expansion chamber' for a 2 stroke motocross race bike, to get more top end... i sadly drifted away from welding, machining those were the days, and i was a test rider for each time the MX track was graded..I absolutely loved it...

engineering is all sorts of thing...it can be chemical engineering, biological engineering, (most common ones are 'genetic scientists as often distorted in horror or spy movies)..manufacturing engineer, aircraft engineer, diesel, locomotives, electrical, nuclear, it goes on...
even plastic engineering and abound...

Oh I know now...I have learned a lot about it from last years workshop and this years workshop. I was chosen to be the Elementary STEM representative. Now, I have to take what I have learned and train all of the teachers to incorporate the engineering practices into teaching staring with Prek.

what kind of engineering?

the sad part about being an engineer is that majority of time is being spent on paperworks for proposals, money, and permits unless you want to be a drone :(

EcPE (Electrical & Computer) & AOE (Aerospace & Ocean) engineers are SOLA because of frequent government budget cuts all over the places. defense sector is no longer a golden dream like in old time. it is pretty common to be in the middle of project and then have it shut down suddenly by higher up.

Civil & Mechanical Engineering are relatively better but still tough. As long as you prove your worth in gold... your future's pretty much set.

Chemical, Biological, and Industrial & System Engineering are relatively hot fields now but you'd have to be a socially-inept type to be one :lol:

I want to be the kind of engineer to be given a problem and create, design, and blah blah to solve it. Ha!

I want to be the kind of engineer to be given a problem and create, design, and blah blah to solve it. Ha!

that's what all engineers do lol... and of course... the application is different like designing a boat.... or plane.... or building...... or computer... since you like interior designing... I guess civil engineering???

for me - I'd go with mechanical, aerospace, and electrical because I like to design a vehicle of any kinds especially planes and helicopters.

that's why I'm rooting for V-22 Osprey but it's really a damn shame that it's full of failures and billions of wasted tax dollars :(

Back