If you own an entertainment business what would it be?

pinkster said:
I know it's not entertainment but I'd like to open my own bead store. I hate the one I work for now, and would love to have my own. I'm nice and I have a mind for business, it could work.

Is there good money in that? A friend of ours who works in a bead store recently opened a yarn store next door to the bead store, in partnership with the woman who owns the bead store. Her ex-husband laughed in her face and told her that she was going to lose her shirt, but I think she has a pretty good chance of making a go at it if she plays it smart. Since she’s counting on overflow customers from the bead store, I’m wondering just how good the bead business is. :dunno:

ravensteve1961 said:
Only a Fool would give that old man money. Meanwhile im laughing my ass off to the bank by fans watching these fools put on a show.
spear.gif
what is it with you and wrestling shees, can u not get over it. how old are you.. new flash it fake as hell

Levonian said:
Is there good money in that? A friend of ours who works in a bead store recently opened a yarn store next door to the bead store, in partnership with the woman who owns the bead store. Her ex-husband laughed in her face and told her that she was going to lose her shirt, but I think she has a pretty good chance of making a go at it if she plays it smart. Since she’s counting on overflow customers from the bead store, I’m wondering just how good the bead business is. :dunno:

I recalled that one of AD deaf members own a beads store
but I am too exhausted to do the search looking
for her postings somewhere here... I can NOT remember
her screen-id name, sorry... Maybe someone else knows.

dj said:
what is it with you and wrestling shees, can u not get over it. how old are you.. new flash it fake as hell
I know its fake,,My point is ill be laughing my ass off to the bank when fans watch these fake fools around the ring.

I would of set my own business as furniture restoration and crafts work if I dont have job.

i will set a scuba trip for anyone who's interesting.. and have sharks, fish, and lovely fishes under water in special place.. :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
i will set a scuba trip for anyone who's interesting.. and have sharks, fish, and lovely fishes under water in special place.. :D
Sharks? :shock:
SHARKS? :-o
SHARKS? :ugh:

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yes SHARKS.. they do no harm if u respect them :D

Yes, true!

My brother told me that he had been touch and pat small shark somewhere in South or Central America. He tried as diver for a first time and like it very much and said that it's beautiful and interesing views when you are under the sea and also saw color fishes. I cant remember which place he visit to because he showed us the many photos where he travel around the world. He likes to try out of curiously. He did with shark and told me like what you said. :ugh:

Now me and tounces are big cat lovers. Are you telling me if you respect a tiger like this cat.
kipwatr.jpg

He will not hurt you? I went up to one in the cage just roaming around so i put my face a little closer to the cage and the tiger growled a little it scared the hell outta me.I did not like the sounds of that tiger.

ravensteve1961 said:
Now me and tounces are big cat lovers. Are you telling me if you respect a tiger like this cat.
kipwatr.jpg

He will not hurt you? I went up to one in the cage just roaming around so i put my face a little closer to the cage and the tiger growled a little it scared the hell outta me.I did not like the sounds of that tiger.

See this link: 2nd picture of me with lion in Africa. :fly:

http://www.alldeaf.com/showpost.php?p=182118&postcount=140

Ravensteve,
wild cats or shark might hurt you because you never respect them. :bump:

ravensteve1961 said:
kipwatr.jpg

what a beautiful tiger!!

believe it or not.. animals can sense peoples' emotions.. so therefore.. he sensed that you are a nasty man so he wanted to scare you off??? :D

Liebling:-))) said:
Ravensteve,
wild cats or shark might hurt you because you never respect them. :bump:

i agree with you cuz he doesn't respect any living molecules around him... all he does is lash out at all of us..or anything that comes near him.. sheeesh... :dizzy:

AWWWWWWWW I want to pet the tiger/lion. Anyway, my son have lot of respect for sharks cuz he does have sharks in his 10 gallons tank. He got three different kind of sharks in his tank. :D He loves it

raven- yeah i respect those sharks... sharks are a wonder of sea.. they're special fish..people just get all the fears cuz of those horror movies like "JAWs" or get too many fake horror stories. which isn't true.

sharks normally attack people when people aren't showing respect like hitting them, poking them..

secondly.. they attack people when a person has a small cut on them and its bleeding sharks smell blood.

and as for tiger. u're poking on the tiger that's why the tiger is mad. do you like when a person make a close face contact looking at ur face? its the same goes with animals. animals have same feeling as human have ;)

Levonian said:

Like all businesses, if you run it right, it'll make money. I've worked at the same bead store for over 2 and a half years, and money was good back when I first started. Then the owner made some bad investments, and things went down hill. Also, location is important. We dont have a customer parking lot, we only have on street parking with meters. Once a customer gets a ticket, they are less likely to come back. So thats another factor. Plus the owner here is a dick, and that affects the employees and even though it shouldn't, it sometimes affects the customers. Our most sarcastic and snippy manager left, and OH MY GOD so many customers have told me that she was nothing but snippy and brash with them. Mostly mail order customers.. It's sad, really.

PyrollisAhFiros said:
Magatsu, that sounds awesome, almost the same as what I would envision. I'm looking at something like a Anime/Manga cafe with submarines and it would be more centralized in the States like somewhere in Chicago. I'm not sure if there's some in California but seeing as California is the closest to Japan and a lot of people there like manga and such, so they are already exposed to the industry for a long time.

Before I went to RIT in 1997, I saw a lot of mangas/anime and it was starting to become more mainstreamed. When I came back to Chicago, Holy SHIT! Best Buy have like an aisle dedicated to Anime now and at Borders, there's like one bookshelf full of mangas. I don't know where you guys get your anime/manga from, but finding them in a retail store like Best Buy and Borders as opposed to a comic book store is something that's remarkable. Seeing that it's becoming mainstreamed in Chicago, your business will boom instantly if you're in Chicago because it's something new to the audience. California probably already have some, but I can't say for sure cuz I have not been to California in ages and I do not know anyone there to verify my comment. I'm saying that you should market your business in an area that's is exposed more to the anime/manga industry but they do not have something that you have in mind.

For example, (sad to say) in Chicago, there's not many submarine places like Pellegrino's and DiBella's in Rochester, NY and I'm shocked to see that... They have Jimmy John's, Subway, Blimpie's and Quizno's but they all kinda suck in comparison to the two restaurants. If we brought these kind of business from the East to the Midwest, we will be making more money. My father came with me one time to Rochester to help me settle in, he asked where could he find good food in Rochester and I suggested Dibella's and we went there and he had a footlong sub. He was like WOW this is delicious! I asked him if he wished there's one like this in Chicago and he said yeah!
Yeah, in these few years, animes and mangas are starting to get more popular than before. As you may know as well that most women tend to not read the comics yet they do buy and read the mangas. The result of that surprises the comic industries. My ex and my current date never watch the animes or read the mangas in whole of their lives included comics but once I introduced them to animes & mangas, they are hooked like fishes for good (at the point, they kept asking me when the new volume or DVD will come out...). They found that mangas and animes do not have the specific 'stereotypical' materials as America comics tend to have. Example: Women and their impossible figures/body shapes. Huge boobs. Men and their far-fetched muscular bodies. Etc etc... Even few manga, Battle Angel Alita and Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind does contain the violence and gory scenes at the point but it didn't turn my ex & my date away because of plots, storylines and morals. That is extremely rare for women to find it enjoyable to read. I am not saying that all of women despise gory and violence but most of them don't find it interesting as most men do. I am speaking of general population. My mom also is one of them who despise the gory and violence but she likes to read Battle Angel Alita and Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind because of its philosophical scenes and plots. The result is indeed amazing.

About California, yeah you are right. California has been exposed to Japan culture for many years, far ahead than other states (beside New York). I went there (San Francisco and Berkeley) many times to the point that I have hard time to remember how many times I had been there.. I didn't see any manga cafe in San Francisco or Berkeley like Atom in New York. That's why I have been considering about establish the manga cafe in two cities where people are more open-minded about Japan culture. You also are right that there are quite many manga/anime stores in these two cities. About Chicago, you have a good point... The problem is that I am a hardcore Californian and I am not ready to leave California to other states (beside Sweden, that is). I moved back to California approx two years ago, I think. But you made a very good point, I will have to ask around or research more informations and resources included visit Chicago before I can make a decision. Thanks for excellent feedback! I will provide my response to your pm in several minutes :thumb:

ravensteve, animals do know which bad and good person is. They are not stupid. I met bears and wolves few times when I/we went camping in the past. They never try and harm me. Even one of wolves walked toward to me and lick my hand few times and permitted me to pet it & hugged it when I met them at one of wilderness area for camping & hiking. These are wild wolves... and they didn't howl or even gnarl at me. One bear even permitted me to take a shot of him/her when s/he walked and crouched nearby me when I crouched on one of big rocks to take a shot of beautiful scenes. I will scan the picture of bear and post soon or later. My uncle freaked out when he found out that bear crouched near me and stayed there for a while then left on its own. The horses has been alway attracted and walked toward my mother every time she walked on one of trails around here where there are a big horse ranch.

If I remember correctly when I went to the circus, tigers never growl at me when I was right there front of the cage. Maybe animals found something in you that they don't like. I will say again, animals are not stupid. They know who we are and what we are.

After all they know that I am a liberal and I am loyal to animals & environment :) Another reason why I never like to go to the circus or zoo ever since I was a teenager. Caged the animals is not humanly thing to do.

Back to topic.. I never think of one thing.. it will be very, very nice if I can buy thousands and thousands of acres and put the endangered species and thrive on my lands to protect these species from these idiotic hunters. At same time, I can use that to educate the children from schools and such by tour or something... So hopefully that our new generation will not become idiots like these idiotic hunters who hunted them to extinct without having any consciences. Ignorance is not excuse.

That will be cool 'entertainment' center for kids and educated people to come and learn how to protect the endangered species and such.

Last edited:
Back