if you love hearing world like peeps, schools, why you graduate school deaf?

matajan

Reaction score
if you love hearing world like peeps, schools, then why you graduate school for the deaf?

I still see some hoh and deaf who graduated from school deaf at gallaudet, who is think hearing or loves hearing world like from texas school for the deaf and wisconsin school for the deaf.

can you explain a little more, you mean deaf students from texas school for the deaf and wisconsin school for the deaf, they love hearing people?

Maybe it is because some people don't want to deal with the hassles of getting interpreters, notetakers or CART and have full access to the environment.

can you explain a little more, you mean deaf students from texas school for the deaf and wisconsin school for the deaf, they love hearing people?

no, i mean few individuals came to gallaudet from texas, wisconsin, florida, california, illinois, michigan, etc.

they always speak all the time, uses cellphone, social with heaing in lifestyle...and act like hearing when you chat with.

hearing person must give formal conservation with anyone when you talk to like good morning, thanks, welcome, anything you say, etc.

i went to mainstream school, i see lots of cultures and happens between deaf and hearing.

no, i mean few individuals came to gallaudet from texas, wisconsin, florida, california, illinois, michigan, etc.

they always speak all the time, uses cellphone, social with heaing in lifestyle...and act like hearing when you chat with.

hearing person must give formal conservation with anyone when you talk to like good morning, thanks, welcome, anything you say, etc.

Oh i got it. I do not know why they came to the deaf school yet they speak. Maybe they feel comfortable being in a visual environment more than auditory enivornment for learning purpose.

So are you saying that deaf people don't do anything of these things that hearing people do?

Sometimes...

I feel that I am in a no mans land because I do not know signing and I have a frustrating and sometimes despairing time with the hearing world.

I often feel left behind and left in my own bubble.

I went to an aural school for the hearing impaired and I learned to use a hearing aid and to lip read. Yet still I can't keep up with the hearing world and I can not communicate with the deaf community.

Maybe I should learn signing? (duh!)

Maybe some of these people are late-deafened? Post-lingual hearing loss?

I would guess they enjoy talking on the phone with people, if they can, and probably speak because they don't want to lose their speaking skills while at gallaudet. But, they also probably feel more comfortable learning in a signing environment. I know deaf people who have a hard time in hearing colleges because if they're interpretor doesn't show, they're screwed.

Back