if you have a boyfriend/girlfiend would you let them meet your families who all hear?

serena1986

Reaction score
i am doing to tell you the truth i would not do it.:wave::lol:

my answer says yes!!

im been e-mailed my british boyfriend for 2 and half years but i would like meet him somedays when i return to England again.

i told my mom and my aunt about that man from London,England but im been e-mail James Windsor our boyfriend from London,England but he been busy man and also alcoholic works.

Well of course. My family is one of the most open minded families out there and they will do their best to communicate with any and everyone. I'm the only hoh/deaf person in the family.

Why would I want to hide her in the closet the whole time? :P

My mother has told me this, many times.... that she would treat mine as if she is her own daughter. I hope this doesn't mean that my mother would give me up for adoption. :giggle:

Well, I am married. Cant hide my hubby in the closet whenever my family come to visit. I think that would insult him. :lol:

I am married too. That is such a weird question, I can't imagine not meeting family unless it was a very casual relationship that is going nowhere.

:aw: I'm hiding my husband in the closet. I like him too much.

If he met my family, he might divorce me.

Of course! If you really like this person, your family should make him/her feel welcome and try to get across that language barrier.

yeah i would. my family is important part of my life and i would want my loved one to be part of it.

Of Course I will... after all my family is Hearing so it wouldn't be different to me. Family is important part of my life.

We are all human beings. I don't see a reason why individuals should exclude other people based on each other's hearing capabilities. In my opinion, that is human segregation and I'm against it. I'd let my girlfriend meet my family.

What other choice would I (or he for that matter) have? My DD and I come as a package deal. Either he takes the both of us regardless of our hearing status, or he doesn't take us.

My parents are both hearing as well as my brother. I'm the only deaf one in the family. I would very much expect him to meet my family as well as my extended family and relatives.

Back