If you are wearing "non-beige" hearing aids now....

martyns

Reaction score
Are they the first coloured ones that you have worn, and what has been the difference in colour compared with any other you have worn?

Had beige HA's all my 30 years!!! Now have Brown CI which suited better with my hair and is noticably "invisable".....

I got clear purple analogs when I was in the 3rd grade. 9th grade, got beige digital (then later wished I had gotten the silver). 12th grade (May 2004), brown digital hearing aid. I did try the zebra Phonak Naida for 3 months last year, but then returned it since there were too many problems with the Naida, so am wearing my brown one again.

I like the colored ones more, they're just more fun.

I'v had beige coloured hearing aids all my life. 2/3 years ago I got a grey/silver HA. I also got a new implant(upgrade) and requested a Silver Nucleus Freedom, it is interesting also cos it's glittery, I was bored of the same old beige.

I have purple hearing aids. They rock........they're so much more fashionable then blah beige. Why not have some fun with them?

i don't wear hearing aides but if i did i would go with something that stands out. i like hi-tech looking stuff like chrome so i would go with silver and black. classy yet futuristic looking. i would pretend i was a cyborg from the future... oh wait i do that anyway. heehee. i like things that look hip and cool so if i had a second choice i would go with purple glittery ones. :D
hey this is my 50th post. yay! so now i can most in the personal message inboxes, right?

ha L ear is beige with white plastic mold, R ear is beige with purple gel mold. I like the color just dont like wearing ha's. I prefer to go bare and deaf. When I do wear them almost no one notices the color. I think I am going to get some beads for my tubing and some stick on rhinestones for the ha's. Audiologist thinks I am fun - think she means "odd". Dont care, I wear them, not her.

Like the attiude Nan.... Same feelings here.

I chose Brown as it blends my hair very well for the profession side (I work in corporate with huge business people) but when i am in my own time or at work doing maintenance work i wished i have Funky CI!! Hopes to have an upgrade to Nucleus 5 as they got changeable full processor coloured covers.... looks like i have a long wait..... dum dum...

I have a silver CI with brown magnet. Ppl do still check me out cause I stand out from the crowd.

I have a silver CI with brown magnet. Ppl do still check me out cause I stand out from the crowd.

I do the same, but sometimes I use a silver coil too but I get even more looks, :giggle: my hair is mostly up. I don't give a damn about people staring at me, :giggle:

Mine are purple, with black FM Boots, normal colored molds because of allergy issues - but my aids are always "blinged" out! hehe:giggle:

I can't wear the one in cool colors I was told they're not strong enough for my hearing lost! I have a 65% lost hearing in high frequency sound.

my hearing aid i currently have is like a high-tech gray color. i used to have beige hearing aid in both ears (i got implanted in i think 2003 or 2004) my implant is a nucleus freedom. i have silver on my implant and the t-coil. i like silver because its more professional looking and because of the glitter :)

but im soon to have the phonak naida on august 24th which is this upcoming monday. and im getting a different color, its a new color called blue moon. a color of black and a shiny-slivery jean or ocean blue color. im in love with the color that im getting for my new naida hearing aid

I went with silver colored aids this time, and my audiologist said, oh they will blend in as your hair turns gray, which I never considered. Most of my hair is still brown. My reason for the silver was so they would be easier to notice. My hearing is so poor that to try to disguise my BTE aids is kind of ridiculous. If they don't see the aids and I respond inappropriately then they think I'm an idiot. If they see the aids...well maybe they give me the benefit of the doubt.

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I wear Phonak Naida V ultrapower hearing aids that are translucent purple with clear earmolds that have blue glitter mixed in. I have worn hearing aids since I was 14 and had the boring medical colored ones. When I found out that you can have them colored, I chose purple for my new Naida hearing aids. I think if you have to wear them all day everyday, they should be a color that makes you happy. I think that medical colored ones are depressing and look "medical". I also know that it depends on your desired self image.

If I had my choice Id probably go with a black color. But anymore with everyone wearing bluetooth devices, if you had one that was black/silver/dark blue, most people would assume it was a bluetooth device for your phone.

I dressed up mine with EarGear

I have "Plus 5" BTE's by ReSound. My audiologist told me they are some of the best on the market (they DO work well!) and that I have "plenty of reserve" if my hearing should ever change. Said they would last about 7 or 8 years. Anyway, I think they are kind of a (neutral) grayish color. I have put ROYAL BLUE EarGear over both of them. I got just kinda clearish earmolds. I have "mixed" feelings about wearing HA's sometimes (STILL getting used to it), but I decided that I was NOT going to be "ashamed" of my hearing problem and attempt to hide them. I still wear "Deaf" T-shirts sometimes, and I have noticed that I feel less "conspicuous" about singing in public. Sometimes, I go to Columbus to a Deaf Church, and people really don't pay that much attention. Where I live, though, it is still rather uncommon to see Deaf people. Just every once in a while. I am thinking about starting to attend a church where there are other Deaf people (for Sunday School at least). I went there a few times on Sunday night and people were very friendly and welcoming.:wave:

Are they the first coloured ones that you have worn, and what has been the difference in colour compared with any other you have worn?

It's always been the beige color and I'm happy with it. What counts is the hearing aid itself in giving me that precious access to beautiful sound and voices.

Back