If you are a born-again Christian...

Askjo said:
The baptism can't save your soul. Only Jesus Christ can buy your soul through His blood.

Exactly !

Reba said:
I think Askjo is saying this:

Yes, Jesus saves your soul. How? Jesus sacrificed His pure blood thru His death of crucifixion on the Cross. Jesus' blood was the payment required by God for the forgiveness of your sins. Sins can only be forgiven thru the sacrifice of blood. Only Jesus' blood is pure enough (100% without sin) to make a worthy sacrifice.

Askjo was just saying that in a condensed (brief) way. I believe his point was, that only Jesus can save people. Baptism cannot save people. Joining a church cannot save people.

I agree. You explained it very clear !

Magatsu said:
Well, I already accepted Jesus as my savior. Only that I'm distancing myself from these christians who didn't practice what they preach or drown in their own hatred.

And.. "buy"? That's an interesting term you are using... If you were talking about Satan, that will make more sense but Jesus...?
2 Peter 2:1

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction

I'm a born-again Christian when I was 21 years old. I still have struggles to walk in the Lord. I'm very pleased to read some of the testimonies who accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour. They let me know that I'm not alone, and God is always there for me. :)

Reba said:
I think Askjo is saying this:

Yes, Jesus saves your soul. How? Jesus sacrificed His pure blood thru His death of crucifixion on the Cross. Jesus' blood was the payment required by God for the forgiveness of your sins. Sins can only be forgiven thru the sacrifice of blood. Only Jesus' blood is pure enough (100% without sin) to make a worthy sacrifice.

Askjo was just saying that in a condensed (brief) way. I believe his point was, that only Jesus can save people. Baptism cannot save people. Joining a church cannot save people.
To deliever a person by paying a price; to buy back a person by paying the price for which it is held in captivity. So sin is like a slave market in which sinners are "sold under sin" (Romans 7:14). Christ redeemed us from the cursed of law by Himself being made a curse for us. He did for our sakes because His love toward you and me. His death was the ransom price paid for our delieverance. Praise the Lord! That is HOW Jesus Christ bought us through His blood.

Askjo said:
To deliever a person by paying a price; to buy back a person by paying the price for which it is held in captivity. So sin is like a slave market in which sinners are "sold under sin" (Romans 7:14). Christ redeemed us from the cursed of law by Himself being made a curse for us. He did for our sakes because His love toward you and me. His death was the ransom price paid for our delieverance. Praise the Lord! That is HOW Jesus Christ bought us through His blood.

That is called Justification in Faith or Justification.

redeemed means to buy something at the highest price.

Back