if u use food in toaster, microwave or electric gas, it will cause thyroid problems..

murli108

Reaction score
hi folks, i used to eat toasted bread from electric toaster. doctor said i have thyroid problems...he asked if i eat tobacco....i replied i never eat tobacco...

My sister still uses electric gas and my wife used to eat tobacco.
that is why they have... i prefer pan for toasted bread with butter instead of electric toaster.

i prefer cooking food/bread while i use natural fire from gas, firewoods, etc...

Do you have enough iodine in your diet (only .15 mg!) ?
Not having enough of iodine can mess with your thyorid.
Just curious as to what kind of thyroid problem you have.

I have thyroid.. isn't coming from those any kinds...

I doesn't believe that..

IT's related coming from genetic family background who have thryoid....

Got a proof? I don't think those stuff caused your thyroid messed up! My best friend had her removed due to cancer and NONE of them from what you mentioned! It is just gentic or just happened to have it.

I get mine checked annually to be sure I am ok.

hi folks, i used to eat toasted bread from electric toaster. doctor said i have thyroid problems...he asked if i eat tobacco....i replied i never eat tobacco...

that is why they have... i prefer pan for toasted bread with butter instead of electric toaster.

i prefer cooking food/bread while i use natural fire from gas, firewoods, etc...

I have thyroid problem due low iodine diet. My blood test shows that I have very low iodine... I has to take iodine tablet to balance my body.

pan for toasted bread? Do you mean frying bread as toast?

I have electricity toaster, we used everyday. It has nothing do with thyroid. If it´s true as what you claim then provide us link.

Eh? Those cause thyroid problems? I've never heard of that.

i never heard of that.. my best friend have thyroid plms. she always use toaster to toast the bread, etc..

where is the claim you said it cause for those who have thyroid plms? where is proof? link?? hmmm ???

Well, I don't use the microwave often except to re-heat some leftovers which is not often. Though, I do use the toaster on a daily basis and I don't seem to have any thyroid problems. (knock wood). I also use the electric stove, and it don't seem to give me any problems.

I don't believe these claims, but I don't advise that people make all of their meals in a microwave. Just some, not all. The idea of doing all of my meals in a microwave just make me shudder.

I meant, if it only take a few seconds for a hamster to blow up in a microwave... well.. it just don't seem right.

This is hogwash. Like others have said already, thyroid problems come from either too much iodine or not enough.

If you have an overeactive thyroid, you can develope a goiter and also a disease called Graves Disease. If you have an underactive thyroid, you tend to gain weight.

I will google for more information about thyroid disorders.

EDIT:

I found a link to thyroid disorders:

Thyroid Disorders

Last edited:
I have thyroid problem due low iodine diet. My blood test shows that I have very low iodine... I has to take iodine tablet to balance my body.

pan for toasted bread? Do you mean frying bread as toast?

I have electricity toaster, we used everyday. It has nothing do with thyroid. If it´s true as what you claim then provide us link.

hi, yeah flat pan for toasted bread. not frying bread in pan

I have thyroid.. isn't coming from those any kinds...

I doesn't believe that..

IT's related coming from genetic family background who have thryoid....

Yeah that is right it is related from genetic family background :)

I do have underactive thyroid which I hate it so have to postive :)

There is no evident theory as to where thyroid does actually come from a toaster or a microwave. Of course the microwave can radiate the food but it doesn't mean that it causes the thyroid. However, I am aware that the microwave can also kill some proteins while being cooked and takes away the nutrients. If the microwave/toaster theory was actually proven to cause the thyroid, Heck I'd think that alot of people would probably be freaking out and not wanting to buy the microwave/toasters.

I am sick of people telling other people bullshit about this or that, saying this or that to scare other people from using certain things. And those things I mentioned are not limited to microwaves, toasters, etc.:roll:

Seriously....gah!:roll:

I don't believe this at all. I have an underactive thyroid and its not from that.
I had it for 5 yrs now and it all started when I notice I gain weight for no reason. I believe it is due to lack of iodine salt.

However, I have found a topic about thyroid disorders here which is very interesting to read.

http://www.alldeaf.com/general-health/23725-thyroid-disorders.html

I am sick of people telling other people bullshit about this or that, saying this or that to scare other people from using certain things. And those things I mentioned are not limited to microwaves, toasters, etc.:roll:

Seriously....gah!:roll:

I am, too, actually. I really wish people would deal in FACT instead of making claims they can't back up.

It's true that microwaves might cause health problems, but before people get all bent out of shape about things like this, they should realize that life is fatal. We're all going to pay the piper at some point, so why worry about stuff like this?

Nobody is getting out of life alive, folks. I say we deal with that concept, and enjoy our time on Earth.

Back