If someone you know plan to enlist in california national guard, don't do it.

Barbaro

Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-national-guard-bonus-20161020-snap-story.html

No, I am not joking. This is very serious. My friends in CA National Guard have been ranting about their ordeals. CA National Guard HQ is full of corrupt.

One of my friends reported the current theft to his Congressional Representative and was threatened with jail time back by his battalion commander and Inspector General (whose civilian job is as an IRS auditor.)

You see, it's not the first time he had reported to his superiors. He had even lost his commission. He owns over $19K with interest. What a joke!

It's completely out of control.

The story here is the CA National Guard gave too big of bonuses+ increased the money available for school(in some cases up to $20k) to their soldiers to get them to re enlist, so they could send troops to Iraq and Afghanistan. Unfortunately they didn't have authorization from the U.S. Govt. to give the size bonuses they were giving so now the government want's the money back and in some cases the interest too! CA wasn't the only state to give too big of bonuses, but they were the one's giving the biggest ones. (the other states soldiers have had to return their bonuses too). IMO the Govt. should eat the bonuses and just add it to the huge amount of money they have spent on the wars because in many cases these soldiers only re enlisted because of the bonuses and the promise of added money for school when they got out.

Back