idk if hearing ppl r loooked down on....

crzy_crtny

Reaction score
but, hi.
my name is courtney.
i'm a teenager. i love the deaf community.
i have known sign since i was in the 4th grade.
i had 2 deaf friends, we don't talk any more.
i am looking to get reinvolved in the deaf community.
if anyone has any tips or anything feel free to help.

Hi! I was worried about that as well, so I just lurked the forum for a while until I was sure people didn't mind us hearing people on here. Everyone seems to be really friendly :wave:

Welcome to AD! We always welcome anyone - no matter who you are, with open arms. :D

Happy posting!

For myself, I know a couple of teens here... like coolspyer (damn I forgot the full username) but I am from Australia.. I have been here for 3 years. But I am sure some teens around AD will come soon enough :)

:wave: Chips Ahoy and :welcome: aboard All Deaf, Ms Courtney, from upstate Floriduh. :hug: At times, I act/behave like a teenager. :laugh2:

Tip: Plant corn early. :)

Hi! I was worried about that as well, so I just lurked the forum for a while until I was sure people didn't mind us hearing people on here. Everyone seems to be really friendly :wave:

Hey don't worry about it. I'm hearing and I've yet to be kicked out, lol. Welcome and happy posting. :)

soceity's_child is an excellent member of AD, and I enjoy her posts :)

Welcome to AD, Crzy Crtny! <open arms>

(By the way I too am hearing.)

Hiii crzy crtny i am d/hoh. I have only more recently been learning about the Deaf Community but i've learned a lot so far! I am learning ASL as well...that's awesome that you know it already!

Before I welcome you, you have to answer my deaf quiz:
(If you love the deaf community, you should answer my question easily)

1. To get a deaf person's attention you should:

a)shout very loudly in their ear
b)wave your arms and jump up and down
c)flash the light on and off
d)stomp on the floor
e)gently tap on the shoulder

:hmm:

Welcome!

I am all for friendly Hearing people who want to hang out with us and just accept us the way we are! I go to a Hearing church, and the people there are SUPPORTIVE and kind. We all try to accept each other the way we are. And we help each other.:wave:

Before I welcome you, you have to answer my deaf quiz:
(If you love the deaf community, you should answer my question easily)

1. To get a deaf person's attention you should:

a)shout very loudly in their ear
b)wave your arms and jump up and down
c)flash the light on and off
d)stomp on the floor
e)gently tap on the shoulder

:hmm:

You're nuts. :lol:

to get a deaf persons attention you should politely and gently tap them on the shoulder im not dumb.....i am in an asl class at the time (easy A in school) seeing that i already know it. but thanks for trying to ask =P

to get a deaf persons attention you should politely and gently tap them on the shoulder im not dumb.....i am in an asl class at the time (easy A in school) seeing that i already know it. but thanks for trying to ask =P

You mean you don't stand behind them and scream in their ear?

Back