ideas for implant-weather proof for marching season??

Coil isn't affected much from the rain , and it's always easy to get a new one.I've been caught in rains lots of the time , coil never had a problem..it's the proccessor part , but if you put it religiously in the dry n store ( bring it with you ) every night , I think it won't be a problem.

also get a lot of processor covers if you have Freedom and change them every now and then.

I have Freedom. But I'm going to band camp next week. And its kind of impossible for me to order processor covers now.

Would you think plastic wrap would protect the processor? I thought that if i did that, it would hurt the processor mapping because plastic creates static electricity . and that only metal gets rid of that static electricity

yeah static can wipe your maps, you have to get a remap.it's not harming permanently the CI.

what I do is either wear a long coil , and hide processor under a sleeveless jacket.

or always have somewhere to put CI safely until downpours finishes.and every night stick it into dry n store.I can't see another solution...maybe a Buff to help ya?

my headpiece gets ruined before my processor. im always replacing my headpiece. thank god for the warranty on them. i sweat very profusely(is that a word?) and i usually mess them up at least twice a year. and knock on wood, my processor is still going strong. i never had to worry about static until the winter time as the air is very dry. i dont think you have to worry about static if you get wet. try it out before you go to camp and see what happens, if you have time to do it. also good luck and have fun at marching camp.

It would wipe map if it's very static... umm...

Can you cut ziploc bag around the processor the corner bit for coil and tape round it? , leaving air at the bottom for batteries.

I tried it just now looks very easy to do and it involves common sense... Will take pic to give you an idea ok... hang a bit

Do you use dispodable batteries? have you got any rechargeables?

Right... tried it... umm... sounds bit rustling when put on but once used to it i can hear voices fine...

you'll probably need to take couple of ziploc bags, stellotape, and sisscors..I think it's manageable.

A mac for CI lol!!

CI004.jpg

CI005.jpg

CI006.jpg

There were no static at all. Take bounce aswell just in case (i think you have static guard?? this would be fine)

wow, a good and cheap solution Char Char!!!

going to do the same , see how it goes, lol.

I also have EarGear , it helps but it makes the aids more thick ...

Right... tried it... umm... sounds bit rustling when put on but once used to it i can hear voices fine...

you'll probably need to take couple of ziploc bags, stellotape, and sisscors..I think it's manageable.

A mac for CI lol!!

CI004.jpg

CI005.jpg

CI006.jpg

Hmm..that seems like a good idea. I'll have to print the pictures and maybe try it out if my dad lets me.

Thanks for showing the picture!

It would wipe map if it's very static... umm...

Can you cut ziploc bag around the processor the corner bit for coil and tape round it? , leaving air at the bottom for batteries.

I tried it just now looks very easy to do and it involves common sense... Will take pic to give you an idea ok... hang a bit

Do you use dispodable batteries? have you got any rechargeables?

I have both rechargeable and disposable batteries. But for band camp i'm planning on using the disposable batteries because I change my rechargeable batteries every morning, and if i'm bringing that to band camp, i'll just be really tired and not really wanting to change the batteries every morning. I rather change them at night. The disposable batteries lasts for 3 days right?

Roughly 3 days, yeah thats good idea if you change them nightly to be on safe side.

Roughly 3 days, yeah thats good idea if you change them nightly to be on safe side.

yeah, I always wear the disposable batteries to be on the safe side if i'm going on a competition (we usually don't get home until almost midnight on a weekend which is from saturday to sunday)

With the pictures, Did you cut the end of the plastic bag?? Can you give me steps on how you did that? it would be great..

I hope the plastic won't ruin the mapping of the CI.. if i did that to protect my CI

Can you wait couple of hours as i am getting ready for work then work few hours, be back before you wake up! Ok?

I tried the plastic over my ci nothing happens but i wiped myself with bounce (anti static)

Right,

It very easy,.

Place the CI at the corner for estimate size

Cut

Then cut the very tip allowing the end of socket (of the coil) to fit through quite snug.

thread through the coil and attach to CI

Cut in the middle of the triangle to allow the material to wrap round the processor and tape round to your comfort... leave bottom open as batteries needs Air to work.

Hope this helps

thanks overthepond, I'll try it out later. My sister's birthday was yesterday and shes having a party with her friend at my house. haha..

I'll talk with my dad about it and see how it goes. He doesn't like having my implant to be at risk and stuff..

How about go to Hearing Aid Safety Device to Cover, Protect, & Prevent Loss of Children's Hearing Aids! ? You can show your dad's feedback. The gear will help your device to protect from weather, rain, moist, sweat, and dust. You have to read people's gear for ears user for HA and CI. You can pick color you want. I hope it will help.

Thanks Pinky!! My dad might buy me that one. I just sent him a IM about it. Hopefully he would IM me back or Text me back about it. That would probably be perfect for me for band. I might get beige or silver.

I'll have to talk to my dad about it again..haha

Thanks Pinky!! My dad might buy me that one. I just sent him a IM about it. Hopefully he would IM me back or Text me back about it. That would probably be perfect for me for band. I might get beige or silver.

I'll have to talk to my dad about it again..haha

You're welcome anytime. Good luck for marching and band! It will be FUN!

Back