Icom- Does it have a volume control?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a icom. The reason, is I only want to use it to help FaceTime my family which will be maybe once or twice every other day.

Would want to know, is there a volume control? Are the hearing aid micophones turned on when you are using it. It says it work straight out the box now with improved software.

I know the ComPilot is better but really don't want to spend the money on something that I won't use that often at all.

I know battery life is not as good and bluetooth is not as good. Will use it with cable anyway and will only use it for no more then half hour every other day.

I'm leaning towards to icom more then anything else. Been thinking about this for a while. T coil is rubbish for me as I can not hear speech with it.

I'm thinking about getting a icom. The reason, is I only want to use it to help FaceTime my family which will be maybe once or twice every other day.

Would want to know, is there a volume control? Are the hearing aid micophones turned on when you are using it. It says it work straight out the box now with improved software.

I know the ComPilot is better but really don't want to spend the money on something that I won't use that often at all.

I know battery life is not as good and bluetooth is not as good. Will use it with cable anyway and will only use it for no more then half hour every other day.

I'm leaning towards to icom more then anything else. Been thinking about this for a while. T coil is rubbish for me as I can not hear speech with it.

Is there a big difference in price between the iCom and the ComPilot? If not, I'd go with the ComPilot. The iCom does not have volume control and the ComPilot does. I can't use the remote part of the ComPilot since I have "older" HAs, but I like it so much better than the iCom.
It was worth it to me to replace my iCom with the ComPilot. I'm keeping my iCom as a back up just in case something goes wrong with the ComPilot.

Is there a big difference in price between the iCom and the ComPilot? If not, I'd go with the ComPilot. The iCom does not have volume control and the ComPilot does. I can't use the remote part of the ComPilot since I have "older" HAs, but I like it so much better than the iCom.
It was worth it to me to replace my iCom with the ComPilot. I'm keeping my iCom as a back up just in case something goes wrong with the ComPilot.

Really...price different is about £50 roughly which I think is about $80 so it is not a lot but I love my my pilot so I don't want to have another remote (getting the Naida S V UP in August September time so remote would work with the spice) but then I don't have to use it. Will go to my private Audi and see if I can try one. Not sure if I can but will ask.

Really...price different is about £50 roughly which I think is about $80 so it is not a lot but I love my my pilot so I don't want to have another remote (getting the Naida S V UP in August September time so remote would work with the spice) but then I don't have to use it. Will go to my private Audi and see if I can try one. Not sure if I can but will ask.

I have the iCom. The volume to your ears is adjustable via the aids themselves. The microphone being on or off (so you can hear external sounds besides the iCom) is a setting your Audi can do. My iCom is a few years old and I've not found a software update for it. The problem I'm having right now is that the microphone on the iCom is too low or insensitive such that folks are having a tough time trying to hear ME!!
Chad

com pilot is phonaks new technology. they have discontinued the icom so soon it wont be available at all

Back