iCom and iPad

DickS

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using the Apple iPad with my Phonak hearing aids - and I use their iCom to establish a Bluetooth connection with my LG cell phone and my Apple iPad (and also my iPod).

Apple has update the iPad software to IOS 4.2 - and it works great with my iCom and my aids. The IOS 4.2 allows for multi-tasking, so I can be listening to music in the background while I read a book - or the web, or my emails on the iPad.

AND - the iPad has a volume control !!!

To use it:

1) Push the little iCom button with a ball point pen tip to get the blue light flashing (pairing mode).
2) Turn on the iPad and go to settings.
3) Turn on Bluetooth - and wait for the iPad to detect the iCom - enter 0000 to pair.
4) Sit back, relax, and listen to your music.

This is great.

I setup pairing for both my cell phone and the iPad. Afterwards, I start them both up - and THEN power up the iCom. Both the cell phone (LG) and the iPad find the iCom and establish a connection.

If I am listening to music on the iPad and my cell phone rings - I answer the phone by pressing on the iCom. The iPad stops playing the music (goes to pause) and my phone connects. When the call ends, I hit play on the iPad and the music resumes.

Life is good !

Dick

Back