Ice speedskating

wrabig

Reaction score
Everyone, I'm deaf and I has ice speedkating practice for short track club. I would like to know, who for deaf have speedskating in north america? I skate is still.

Billy :fingersx:

I used to have ice skate sport before I was married... It was over 22 years ago... I love it...

I used ice speedskating before and find out deaf olympics do not have it for WOMEN! Only men skates.

I was roller skate speedskating races lot when I was young.

I used ice speedskating before and find out deaf olympics do not have it for WOMEN! Only men skates.

I was roller skate speedskating races lot when I was young.

Luck! Are you skate still? If you can't found look for woman for race and I not sure have more woman and men race in canada but I think some has deaf group woman and men new olympic in Salt Lake, UTAH. If you can use skate speedskating S.T. club all age and men and woman were you live. I skate are still, and with friend hearing go to speedskating club S.T. for all age men and woman in S.Florida. SO ou can try look for deaf if have inline 5 wheels with woman and men all in state. I has inline 5 wheels. I'm happy see you.

Thank you !
Billy

I do skates. I still have them in stroage and no one know or use the blades yet. Only skate rink has people with roller skates and blades, too. Only time when I am bored then will go on blades on the street or trail.

No one want try that kind of skates. I will like to share with others for skating, too. I should have to reseach some more. :ty:

Hey Billy,

It's good to know you are speedskater! :) Anyway, I was involved speedskating for the Deaflympics in 1991 at Banff, Canada.. Won 3 golds for 500m, 1000m and 1500m and 1 bronze for 5,000m also, 2 broke world records in 500m and 1000m. :D I have been wondering why there's no speedskating in Deaflympic so finally I have spoke with someone who's in charge for the Deaflympic recently at Salt Lake City told me that there was not enough participate for Speedskating.. I hope there'll be more particpates for speedskating in 2011..?? :fingersx: If there is really biz having speedskating in 2011, I would LOVE being a coach for the U.S. team. :)

I have been involved for many years since when I was a kid like 8 years old until 21 years old.. Been competing all around in the U.S. like been skating with Dan Jansen, Eric Flaim, and MANY.. Most of the time, I have been Short Track in many years than Long track. Personally, I like short track since it's competing against each other just like NASCAR! :) So, what made me stop skating, my ankle went messed up and didn't go see doctor or hospital that made it worse. :( Right after injury, went back to skating, unfortunately the way I felt is different than it used to be. So I decided to stop and retire. But still of course, I'm able to skate just for fun but not in competition anymore. Also, I still am rooting for Apolo Ohno and the rest of U.S. Speedskating Teams!

Kurt

Back