Ice Cream Man Punches Rude Kid

mlkshkgrl

Reaction score
The Good Humor man evidently didn't think it was very funny.

Ice cream vendor Nazzareno Didiano, 44, was sentenced to 18 months' probation by a Pittsburgh judge Tuesday for beating up a 13-year-old boy who'd mouthed off to him, reports the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

It's not clear exactly how the May 12, 2004, confrontation began, but both parties agreed that the boy at one point began complaining about the price of ice cream.

"I told him he didn't need any ice cream anyway because he's fat," said Didiano.

In response, the boy called Didiano, who has a receding hairline, a "bald [expletive] rip-off."

The pudgy teen, now 14, giggled in court as the ice cream vendor listed the obscenities that he said the boy directed at him.

The boy said Didiano caught up to him about two blocks away from the site of the initial confrontation, punched him in the face and slammed him against a wall.

The vendor denies laying a hand on the boy, but admits chasing him.

"I wanted to tell him I didn't appreciate being talked to like that," Didiano, who was subsequently fired from his job, explained. "He instigated the whole thing."

The judge didn't believe Didiano and found him guilty of simple assault. In addition to the probation, Didiano was ordered to take anger-management classes and pay $20 to repair the boy's bike.

*ahem* Ice Cream serve seems unpatience and decide to punch a young kid.. Wha.. dumb?
(sigh)

This guy should've known better.....hit someone and it's called "battery". It's a misdemeanor. I agree this guy needs anger management courses.

I concur Nancy... that was really stupid. :roll:

There it is!

Attachments

• sucker_punch.jpg
    sucker_punch.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 7
haha! its funny but the dude got off easy with only $20.00 to fix bike in terms of fines...
he should have been fined

Good thing the guy is getting anger management classes.. he really needs to take responsibility for his anger and his action.. and not to hit a kid, even if the kid is being a snot nosed brat.

I hope the kid's parents are teaching the kid to treat others with respect. Obviously, this kid has a big issue with that. Treat others the way you want to be treated, you know?? :thumb:

Back