I wonder how you feel about....

One time there was a Starbucks built in my town, no one thought much of it...a new business...

Now we have bears.

fact.

Keep in mind that new developments don't always mean adding new buildings. It may mean renovating an old or abandoned buildings. I remember a building being empty until this business moved in.

https://www.facebook.com/kazoomkids?fref=ts

I'm very pleased to do business with that company. Therefore, I'll have to say that development is good.

On the other side, this place is in same plaza as Dominick. As you know, Dominick are going to close down. I cannot wait to see what will replace Dominick.

As for gyms, I've sold few stationary bikes to people who wants to open gym in Chicago and suburbs. I do see a lot of gyms every where. I'll admit that I was member of Bally's for awhile, but I didn't make a good use of it. However, I'll not banish gyms. I think that gyms can be a good place to meet people especially if you sign up for sessions such as yoga or Zumba.

If anything, people go to gym to get in shape. I think you'll see a lot of bike riders going to gym. I enjoy seeing all different bikes parked whenever I go past any gyms on Northside of Chicago.

Are there a lot of buffed drunk people where you live?

Don't you live I'm Chicago, aren't there a huge amount of store fronts on the sidewalk? What about all those?

Those are fine-- smaller businsesses and not mega-huge like this will be. Plus, I always thought Sears would do something with the land. I'll snap a few photos and post them here.

Are there a lot of buffed drunk people where you live?

I've seen a few. Smelled a few who had alcohol that could be sensed quite a bit ways-- those people were WAY too drunk. And looking for trouble, which they usually found with pair of handcuffs.

You got something against gyms? I love gyms :)

I like development ;) it's a good sign, growth is good

I think it really depend where it's happening . A 5 stories building is being build right behind my condo and my building been shaking so hard at times I have to leave my house. Now the wildlife is trying to move onto our condo and our lawn is getting covered with rabbit poop. I am not going to enjoy a 5 stories building right behind my 2 stories condo. And growth is not always good when you live in a small city that does not have the space to made the streets wider to handle the extra traffic. A developer wanted to build a gated community behind our condo but it was rejected because it would had too much traffic right near the high school and middle school . There a lot of foot traffic and the traffic would had been a risk to kids walking to school or home .

I think it really depend where it's happening . A 5 stories building is being build right behind my condo and my building been shaking so hard at times I have to leave my house. Now the wildlife is trying to move onto our condo and our lawn is getting covered with rabbit poop. I am not going to enjoy a 5 stories building right behind my 2 stories condo. And growth is not always good when you live in a small city that does not have the space to made the streets wider to handle the extra traffic.

My concern exactly-- the street's not wide enough to handle that large parking lot in the back, therefore creating a massive traffic jam, and males who are all worked up? Well, that's not a good thing.

You know they won't be coming and going in huge groups right? It's a slow trickle in and out not a stampede, there's not shifts where everyone is going to be coming and going at the same time.

All the males all worked up?? So they're going to be all juiced and punch the people waiting for the bus when they walk by??? It's a gym, not a bar.

You know they won't be coming and going in huge groups right? It's a slow trickle in and out not a stampede, there's not shifts where everyone is going to be coming and going at the same time.

All the males all worked up?? So they're going to be all juiced and punch the people waiting for the bus when they walk by??? It's a gym, not a bar.

No, probably not, but as for males being worked up? I have no clue what they do in gyms, although I've heard stories of trainers giving steroids at gyms, but I don't need steroids to bulk up my arms-- 30-40 pounds of food in my hands can do that, too, and considering how far I have to walk, I can do that regularly now.

The Starbucks will come and so will the bears and then it will be fine.

No, probably not, but as for males being worked up? I have no clue what they do in gyms, although I've heard stories of trainers giving steroids at gyms, but I don't need steroids to bulk up my arms-- 30-40 pounds of food in my hands can do that, too, and considering how far I have to walk, I can do that regularly now.

I have been a member to several different gyms in the last 15 years.... it was what Ambrosia said... no would stampede, no steriods, and no fights. Usually the men are to busy watching themselves pump up the iron in the mirrors. Nothing exciting happening there.

I don't like the increased traffic that comes with development. Our area is growing by leaps and bounds, residential and commercial. The traffic is outrageous.

I don't like the increased traffic that comes with development. Our area is growing by leaps and bounds, residential and commercial. The traffic is outrageous.

Precisely the point I was trying to make before.

Usually the men are to busy watching themselves pump up the iron in the mirrors. Nothing exciting happening there.

And if there were no mirrors in the gyms, only women would continue to go work out...

Laura

And if there were no mirrors in the gyms, only women would continue to go work out...

Laura

If this were a women's gym, that'd be interesting, but the massive size of the new building indicates it's for both men and women.

What if the drunk driver smashes through those expensive glass doors that are in front of the gym and they shatter into an infinite number of needle like shards. Imagine it in slow motion - suppose the driver is in a burgundy Toyota tundra that has a sun roof, and the rear window slides down. Suppose he had the sun roof open, and the rear window all the way down. The interior of his car is a tan cloth, and he purchased the chrome package instead of getting the color coded option. You can see the reflection of the infinite shards of glass in the chrome, and the bright reflection in the glass as it slowly shatters everywhere from the sunlight of a summer mid-afternoon. The driver is wearing a bright yellow polo shirt, tan shorts, a pair of ray-ban sunglasses and has short cropped sandy blonde hair. Now, imagine if you will, he let his insurance lapse on the Toyota tundra after learning his wife was planning on divorcing him. That is why he went out on a drinking binge after deciding he would quit paying his bills and put the house up for sale so his wife couldn't get it in any settlement agreement.

So, as the glass ((in slow motion)) is flying in a gazillion different angles through the air, one long, and very sharp shard falls through the open sunroof and slices this man's jugular vein before the airbag deploys, driving the shard deep into his neck, cutting his esophagus completely open. He dies in a matter of minutes. The girl at the front receptionist desk narrowly escaped the path of the oncoming front bumper of the Tundra, but is sprayed with shards of glass and sustains minor injuries. She sues this gym at a much later date, claiming she was so traumatized by this incident, she cannot sleep at night, or eat regularly and that the front doors should have been reinforced with solid steel instead of cheap aluminum, and instead of glass, should have had plexiglass (which doesn't shatter into sharp shards).

The fact the driver did not have any insurance, was drunk, and violated obvious traffic laws, and was dead - did not leave the gym with many options to get any sizable reimbursement from him. Also, the lawsuit filed by the girl at the front desk bankrupts the gym entirely, forcing them to shut its doors.

Will this solve your problem of too much traffic if the gym is shut down?

Back